Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

car will be sitting for a while, what should I know?

I'm going to have to let the car sit for the next 4months+ The engine is being replaced and it takes a few months to get a built one. Basicslly, is there anything I should worry about?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
If you've got ethanol mixed in the tank, dump it. Leave the car up on jack stands to keep it off the tires.

Zissou

I've never left a car sitting that long, but I've owned and had to winterize motorcycles for years. My steps there are:

- Clean the bike.
- Add Stabil to the gas tank.
- Pump up the tires either to spec or just a little over. I usually move the bike around just a little every so often. Both are to avoid flat spots in the tires.
--- It's even better if you can put the car on a lift or jack stands. It's never been an option for my bikes though.
- Hook up a battery tender or disconnect the battery. I've heard batteries drain slower in cold weather, so if you can leave it in the garage do that. But the battery tender is the better solution if you have a garage with power.
- Cover the bike to keep the dust off of it. Now that I have the luxury of a garage I just use an old fitted sheet.

Store it with with as little gas as possible. Tires will get knobby/ hard spots but once you start driving it around they will return to normal

Fuel stabilizer from parts store to keep gas from going bad and what the other guys said. Plus a battery tender or disconnect the battery so the computer doesn't drain the battery dead