Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ramair silicone induction hose

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
There was never video proving what this hose would do under heavy load. I thought it was a good idea because it would smooth out the air flow.

AzNightmare

I have the hose. It's pretty thick and sturdy. IMO, I doubt the hose crushes under WOT.

I covered my hose with gold heat reflective tape and there hasn't been any signs of the tape peeling like the hose has been contracting and expanding.

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
I have the hose. It's pretty thick and sturdy. IMO, I doubt the hose crushes under WOT.

I covered my hose with gold heat reflective tape and there hasn't been any signs of the tape peeling like the hose has been contracting and expanding.
That's good to hear. I was freaking out over here thinking this thing was gonna implode.

KKaWing

Mine seems fine, had some really thin, weak and rather long wire twist ties wrapped around the hose and and those didn't deform beyond "normal" engine movement.

And to spice up the FUD... watch this!

[video=youtube;YdJtOecMrpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdJtOecMrpA[/video]

^ Looks like single ply rubber or smth.

AzNightmare

Mine seems fine, had some really thin, weak and rather long wire twist ties wrapped around the hose and and those didn't deform beyond "normal" engine movement.

And to spice up the FUD... watch this!

[video=youtube;YdJtOecMrpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdJtOecMrpA[/video]

^ Looks like single ply rubber or smth.
lol, that was already posted in the other RamAir thread. That rubber definitely looks much thinner then the RamAir hose.

Been running that hose for 6 months now.
Havent had any problems, if it would collapse during WOT I think you would notice.

Crushed tube = less/no air, cant imagine the engine likes that.