Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CP-e cold side pipe w/tial flange

CP-E Mitch Do you know if both hot and cold side fit to any FMIC because I want them with the HKS BOV but I have the gold mishimoto intercooler?
Hey Tony,

The charge pipes should fit fine with any intercooler with stock location and size inlets and outlets. I have had a bad experience with installing the cold side on a "factory fitment" intercooler (not mishimoto) but based on pics of ive seen of the mishimoto you should be totally fine. Having silicone on both ends can make up for small differences in fitment but more than a little bit off will cause some difficulty on an alright tight fit. Just a heads up, the HKS is REALLY loud on the stock turbo.

Tony

Hey Tony,

The charge pipes should fit fine with any intercooler with stock location and size inlets and outlets. I have had a bad experience with installing the cold side on a "factory fitment" intercooler (not mishimoto) but based on pics of ive seen of the mishimoto you should be totally fine. Having silicone on both ends can make up for small differences in fitment but more than a little bit off will cause some difficulty on an alright tight fit. Just a heads up, the HKS is REALLY loud on the stock turbo.
Cool, Im glad to hear that and about the HKS i dont think loudness will be a problem I really like the sound of it.
Thank you for replying I appreciate it.

Leaving the diverter valve unplugged will throw a code, but it's not a MIL inducing code. Is there any reason you couldn't just plug it in to prevent the code from occurring? If theres no valve and just a block off plate, it wouldn't do anything other than prevent the code?

Leaving the diverter valve unplugged will throw a code, but it's not a MIL inducing code. Is there any reason you couldn't just plug it in to prevent the code from occurring? If theres no valve and just a block off plate, it wouldn't do anything other than prevent the code?
Yea... you are right. Even there, some cars do it and some don't. Mine never even had a code when it was unplugged (checked w/ scan tool)

You can also buy the CEL defender turbosmart makes, or just make one (i've done it on other applications).

I've also seen some people put the stock diverter in a plastic bag, still attached to the wiring and zip tie it out of the way.

I am not 100% sure I understand your question though

What i meant to say is plugging in the diverter valve when a block off plate is currently installed in the place of the oem diverter valve would prevent the code from popping. And i was assuming that there would be no ill effects from just plugging in the connector when the valve is not installed.

What i meant to say is plugging in the diverter valve when a block off plate is currently installed in the place of the oem diverter valve would prevent the code from popping. And i was assuming that there would be no ill effects from just plugging in the connector when the valve is not installed.
Exactly.

I don't understand how having a stiffer cold charge pipe would be bad for the car. While I would highly suggest having an upgraded RMM when doing ANY hard charge pipes, the silicone couplers should make up for any engine movement .

a few benefits of the charge pipe :
- Tbolt clamps and 5 ply silicone really help prevent boost leaks
-This pipe deletes the sound symposer. Why add the SS fittings when most delete them anyways.
-CNC map and vacuum line connections, hand tig welded. Tial and/or HKS flanges are also CNC and tig welded.
-CNC mandrel bent pipe
-Meth bungs welded in and plugs are included. Having them welded in is the safest way. Some people tap or do bulkhead style fittings that arent as reliable as a welded fitting. When you tap there isn't enough thickness to the pipe to get it in there safely.

We include a spec'ed out spring already in the BOV (for the tial). Both the TIAL and the HKS sound way different in the fiesta ST than on other cars, and I believe it is because the turbo is so small. The HKS is SUPER loud and the tial is also higher pitched. The still sound cool, but thats a matter of opinion.

For the install make sure that the pipe is all the way in at the throttle body, almost to the point that its butting up against the throttle body inside the coupler. When you go to do your next oil change, you will understand why.

I have been running both charge pipes for about 15k miles. No issues to report.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions, here or PM's welcome.

Do you know of any hot side pipes with the Tial flange? I had one for my 16 Fiesta ST but the bracket weld snapped and then it was bouncing off the bottom of the block and has a hole in it now. I'm looking for a replacement.