Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

tpms question

For you guys that run 2 sets of wheels and tires for summer/winter.... Do you have tpms sensors in both sets? I'm curious if you can just swap wheels back and forth and the car will read the new sensors or if you have to do a relearn every time you swap back and forth....

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Me too. I just recently bought a second set of wheels (no tires yet), so I'm also interested in this.

DangerMouse

Super easy to do with the motorcraft tpms19 tool. Less than a 2 minute job, I bought the tool on Amazon for $31. I couldn't find a shop locally that could program them for me.

Yes, you need to retrain them each time you swap wheels, but there are aftermarket TPMS sensors that can be set to clone the ID of your OEM sensors, so you can have a second set of sensors that as far as the system is concerned are the same sensors as the first set of wheels. I can't think of the brand off hand, but they exist.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
The ones I bought from tire rack only had to be driven around a little and they set. At least that's what installer said .

DangerMouse

Mine are from tire rack also and my tpms light came on after about a 15 minute drive. I had to use the tpms19 tool to reprogram the new sensors. Then this spring when I put the stock wheels back on, I'll have to reprogram those as well.

It is possible if you drive only short drives the tpms light may not come on because you aren't giving the system long enough to check for them.

It was nice with my wife's Chrysler 200 and our old mazdas, they are self learning.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Mine are from tire rack also and my tpms light came on after about a 15 minute drive. I had to use the tpms19 tool to reprogram the new sensors. Then this spring when I put the stock wheels back on, I'll have to reprogram those as well.

It is possible if you drive only short drives the tpms light may not come on because you aren't giving the system long enough to check for them.

It was nice with my wife's Chrysler 200 and our old mazdas, they are self learning.

No 2,000 miles now and frequent 200 mile trips .

They may be the cloning style I mentioned earlier. I know of at least 2 different styles, but Ive been at the dealership for the last 2 years, so I'm a little outdated on exactly what's available.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk