Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Headlight Bulbs

TUX15ST

The zxe bulbs are ok, in both color and vision, but the silverstar ultra throw the light further however its not as blueish, even though neither are really very blue. I personally have piaa right now which i found to look the nicest, ( fairly white/blueish and actually have better vision than stock) and those nokya bulbs looks awesome colorwise, almost HID ish but I wouldnt run them in anything other than the fogs as they dont throw light for shit.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The zxe bulbs are ok, in both color and vision, but the silverstar ultra throw the light further however its not as blueish, even though neither are really very blue. I personally have piaa right now which i found to look the nicest, ( fairly white/blueish and actually have better vision than stock) and those nokya bulbs looks awesome colorwise, almost HID ish but I wouldnt run them in anything other than the fogs as they dont throw light for shit.
Yes, IF I cannot find a way to safely, and with gains in night vision/distance, and NO glare to oncoming drivers, using one of the LED conversions in our factory STANDARD housings/lenses, I will use the PIAA Xtreme White Plus halogens. ;)

A7xogg

currently doing a retrofit, which nothing can compare to it. just gotta find time to align the projectors then they will go on the car

neeqness

1000 Post Club

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Besides, if they suck, it's really quick and easy to swap them back. Even easier then changing the headlights in my 66.
The headlamps on the drivers side were a pain to put back in. Passenger side was easier but only because I found a way to do it without taking the headlamp out. I dread the next time I have to replace them.

The headlamps on the drivers side were a pain to replace. Passenger side was easier but only because I found a way to do it without taking the headlamp out. I dread the next time I have to replace them.
Hmm, not sure why it would be a PITA. I spent about 15 mins changing all 4 bulbs. That included taking the lamp assembly out.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
It was easy to take out but when I went to replace the assembly, it just wouldn't go in. Took 30 minutes just trying to put the drivers assembly back. Maybe it was my fault because I was afraid of breaking it being plastic and all but any decent resistance and I would try it over. Better safe than sorry I guess...

AzNightmare

FYI, the thread is here.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/11973-Auxbeam-LED-bulbs

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/11973-Auxbeam-LED-bulbs?p=208837&viewfull=1#post208837
This guy went the extra mile to actually test the bulbs out and didn't like them for common reasons why LEDs are not compatible with reflector housings. Everyone else using LEDs in our USDM spec headlights either don't care about blinding others or ignorant about it.

LED's obviously will be much brighter than halogens... It's different technology. LEDs can emit way more light than halogens can, but it's no good if the LEDs are scattering light in an uncontrolled manner and blinding other drivers. I mentioned it in the other thread and it didn't sound like people believed me. At the end of the day, up to you guys.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've driven in vehicles with factory HIDs that are blinding....that's why you have an auto dimmer in your rear view or tilt your mirror down. Why are you staring into other people's headlights for anyways? Are you the type to also look into the Sun and say it's to bright also? I have LED headlights and they work great and fit perfectly into the housing just like a stock bulb...I can even fit the ballast into the back of the housing and still put the cover on. No need to patronize others little snowflake. Just drive your car and quit worrying about what other people do and worry about yourself.[twothumb]...besides how many people live in Canada to Blind with HIDS or LEDS lights anyways?

KKaWing

For those that have a hard time putting them lights back in, look for the white clip on the car where the tab at the bottom of the headlight goes. You want to push that back towards the rear of the car and line it straight. Also sometimes the giant connector gets caught between the headlight and something on the car so it prevents it from going flush to the car. Snake that connector away from the headlight first.

AzNightmare

I've driven in vehicles with factory HIDs that are blinding....that's why you have an auto dimmer in your rear view or tilt your mirror down. Why are you staring into other people's headlights for anyways? Are you the type to also look into the Sun and say it's to bright also? I have LED headlights and they work great and fit perfectly into the housing just like a stock bulb...I can even fit the ballast into the back of the housing and still put the cover on. No need to patronize others little snowflake. Just drive your car and quit worrying about what other people do and worry about yourself.[twothumb]...besides how many people live in Canada to Blind with HIDS or LEDS lights anyways?
The problem is, people don't need to stare into the headlights to be affected... it's people getting the glare when they are simply just trying to drive and look at traffic.Many people assume they work "great" just because they are brighter and they fit. Those aren't criteria for lights working "great" or not. I'm not worry, I'm simply educating for those that may actually not know the difference. For those that know and decided to do so anyway, they obviously don't care about others. At the end of the day, the last thing I would want is more drivers putting in aftermarket LEDs in their reflector housings that obviously weren't made for it. That's why there's a thread on retrofitting projectors.

Like I said, it's up to you guys. Maybe he hasn't done research on lights, maybe he has. But at least the message is out and he can choose. I'll admit, it's very tempting to just say f--k everyone, cause having LEDs are 10x cooler than boring halogens. Just like having a racecar with a straight pipe exhaust is cool too, or pop and crackle tune. But maybe one might decide it's a bit too annoying for others in traffic.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
The problem is, people don't need to stare into the headlights to be affected... it's people getting the glare when they are simply just trying to drive and look at traffic.Many people assume they work "great" just because they are brighter and they fit. Those aren't criteria for lights working "great" or not. I'm not worry, I'm simply educating for those that may actually not know the difference. For those that know and decided to do so anyway, they obviously don't care about others. At the end of the day, the last thing I would want is more drivers putting in aftermarket LEDs in their reflector housings that obviously weren't made for it.

Like I said, it's up to you guys. Maybe he hasn't done research on lights, maybe he has. But at least the message is out and he can choose. I'll admit, it's very tempting to just say f--k everyone, cause having LEDs are 10x cooler than boring halogens. Just like having a racecar with a straight pipe exhaust is cool too.
I think the main problem is improperly adjusted lights shining higher than they should be. Unfortunately you also have people out there (not many, but enough) who feel like it's OK to use their bright lights in normal traffic or who don't know or care about common etiquette of switching to low beams when oncoming traffic approaches to keep from blinding them.