Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Headlight Bulbs

AzNightmare

I think the main problem is improperly adjusted lights shining higher than they should be. Unfortunately you also have people out there (not many, but enough) who feel like it's OK to use their bright lights in normal traffic or who don't know or care about common etiquette of switching to low beams when oncoming traffic approaches to keep from blinding them.
Did you have to angle down the adjustment on the LEDs quite a bit to make them work well?

Since it seems like there are a handful of people that went this route, if there was a tutorial on swapping LEDs and how to angle the lights properly, I can reconsider what I've said, cause I'm all aboard if someone can demonstrate the LEDs working properly.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Threshold "glare" reasons are a simply remedy by going to your local optometrist and getting a prescription for window tint and a windshield banner. I have cataracts and that's what I did....[woot]...no more glare from lights and the sun!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Did you have to angle down the adjustment on the LEDs quite a bit to make them work well?

Since it seems like there are a handful of people that went this route, if there was a tutorial on swapping LEDs and how to angle the lights properly, I can reconsider what I've said, cause I'm all aboard if someone can demonstrate the LEDs working properly.
I was referring to headlights in general. I don't have leds but I do have upgraded and brighter halogen bulbs that can be adjusted. Typically low beams are supposed to be adjusted so that they don't shine above a certain point. It's described somewhat in the manual.

I've never done the adjustments myself (mechanic would typically do it for me) but I would think leds should be adjustable as well. (Perhaps it's a state code requirement?) I haven't used them before though so I don't really know for sure if they can be adjusted or not.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Threshold "glare" reasons are a simply remedy by going to your local optometrist and getting a prescription for window tint and a windshield banner. I have cataracts and that's what I did....[woot]...no more glare from lights and the sun!
My personal solution has also been to tint my windows. It doesn't hurt that it helps hide it's contents from potential robbers or otherwise noisy people and it looks cooler imo. But the main reason I do it is for all the glare and bright lights. Driving on freeways regular in the urban city, I get this problem daily.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Btw, I just had a car shine their brights on me from behind and up close tonight. Thanks to my tint though, I didn't even know they had brights on until they moved into the fast lane and turned them off, lol. And I was cruising at 75 with cruise on the whole time and NOT in the fast lane which was completely open. Not a car in sight behind or in front in the fast lane, if they wanted to pass they could have easily done so. Lol, some people don't need a reason to shine bright lights at you...dark tint is your friend.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Best thing I was able to get was the banner at the top of the windshield....the optometrist said it would be the biggest help with glare....man was she right on. The guy at the tint shop said it was one of the biggest banners he's installed. I don't have to even wear sun glasses most of the time anymore![twothumb]

First impressions of the LED's is that they are much better than stock. Lights up road signs and sides of the road better. Better distance too. That was driving early this am. Still to drive later at night. No one has "flashed" me yet [emoji15]

How is the throw on the LEDs? I find they are extremely bright when looking at them, however when looking behind them as in driving they lack throw.

I have HIDs low beams and fogs (laminx amber overlays) I have never had anyone flash me. To those worried about blinding people it's a non issue. Some people are hyper sensative about the subject. Each forum I have been apart have them. It's a total waste to go retro to facilitate this.

On the tint front look into a full windshield tint. I would go with 3m crystalline. It's totally transparent and it cuts heat and glare. For guys with strict tint laws it's a great choice.

If you want to go crazy get a light bar. I mounted on to the crash bar behind the grill. Rough country black series 20". That is blinding and over the top.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you want to go crazy get a light bar. I mounted on to the crash bar behind the grill. Rough country black series 20". That is blinding and over the top.
I would do this in a heartbeat, but I do not want to block even that narrow width of the radiator that these take up, given how marginal our stock radiators are to begin with. [:(]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I do have a prescription in my glove box. Dr.'s order trumps law everytime....I haven't been hassled yet! Best cosmetic and security mod I have done hands down.

How is the throw on the LEDs? I find they are extremely bright when looking at them, however when looking behind them as in driving they lack throw.
What little I drove this am, they are loads better than stock. I also changed the driving lights to LED's, so that helps a little more as well.

I would do this in a heartbeat, but I do not want to block even that narrow width of the radiator that these take up, given how marginal our stock radiators are to begin with. [:(]
Has little to no effect on coolant temperatures. If that puts your mind at ease. I hardly ever break 200 degrees (Miami summer in traffic) most of the time about 180 ish.

Currently running TITAN led headlight and fog lights. Both are H11 but the headlights are 6k(white colored) and the fogs are 3k(yellow colored) paid a total of about 120 for both sets and came with a 2 year warranty from the shop I bought them from. I'd say that's a steal over a good set of HID's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What little I drove this am, they are loads better than stock. I also changed the driving lights to LED's, so that helps a little more as well.
What bulbs are you using in the driving lights? I assume you mean the fog lights, btw...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts