Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Headlight Bulbs

New to these forums, and picking up 2015 Fiesta St tomorrow. One of my first mods would be to increase lighting. I have looked at H11 bulds, including LED and aiming, and it seems that bulbs with 3 sides vs 2 would give you a more even light 360 degrees. Thoughts? Anyone try these?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WUG1A6...lid=203GSAHVOIWCF&coliid=I1XWAEUER788A3&psc=1

neeqness

1000 Post Club
New to these forums, and picking up 2015 Fiesta St tomorrow. One of my first mods would be to increase lighting. I have looked at H11 bulds, including LED and aiming, and it seems that bulbs with 3 sides vs 2 would give you a more even light 360 degrees. Thoughts? Anyone try these?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WUG1A6...lid=203GSAHVOIWCF&coliid=I1XWAEUER788A3&psc=1
The reviews seem a little underwhelming, especially for the price.

DaveG99

I am xenon Depot h11 Led headlamps. Love them....they now have a better Led bulb out and I'm thinking about buying them so I may have a set up for sale! I like them...there is a thread out for them somewhere ![thumb]
I have the same bulbs. They are awesome. I even bought a set for the wifes accord sport.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm awaiting for the new "updated" LEDs from xenondepot.....i also got some LED fog light bulbs. I'll post some pics and possible comparison video from the switch from the old orange ring version to the newer extreme version as soon as I get them.[rockon]

I'm awaiting for the new "updated" LEDs from xenondepot.....i also got some LED fog light bulbs. I'll post some pics and possible comparison video from the switch from the old orange ring version to the newer extreme version as soon as I get them.[rockon]
Those are the ones I'm interested in too. Side by side pics show a substantial difference in diode placement; the new ones use those LumiLED ones that are supposed to allow it to project closer to the same position as a halogen filiment. I'm interested to see if it gives a favorable lighting pattern, since I want more light, but I refuse to blind oncoming drivers.

The reviews seem a little underwhelming, especially for the price.
I guess I thought the price was not too bad, and the bad reviews were just for early failures. But the 3 sided technology seems like ot would give a more even light than the 2 sided ones. I may get a set and report. My new 2015 was very nice after a 7 hour drive home with her. Look forward to learning more from the experts here...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don't believe any of that shit....Just like when Obama said you can keep your Doctor ! Get some ...try them out. I have a older style LED setup from xenon depot....work great. Just bought a new extreme set from them to try them and some LED fog light bulbs also. I will report back possibly by the weekend if it gets warm enough here in the 40's. It's like I have always said....To go nowhere .....Follow the crowda.

AzNightmare

Good info that unfortunately, no one will care... lol.

According to the general consensus, if no one got flashed by oncoming cars, that's good enough to warrant usage.

The only guy that actually seemed to have done the work and do a proper analysis posted here:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/11973-Auxbeam-LED-bulbs?p=208837&viewfull=1#post208837
Unfortunately, he discovered the LEDs were no good and he decided to go back to halogens.

A7xogg

Good info that unfortunately, no one will care... lol.

According to the general consensus, if no one got flashed by oncoming cars, that's good enough to warrant usage.

The only guy that actually seemed to have done the work and do a proper analysis posted here:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/11973-Auxbeam-LED-bulbs?p=208837&viewfull=1#post208837
Unfortunately, he discovered the LEDs were no good and he decided to go back to halogens.
Which is why you a retrofit is legal, and plug and play upgrades arent

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Which is why you a retrofit is legal, and plug and play upgrades arent
How so? I have not heard this. I think it depends which bulbs you are talking abojt...and which state you live in.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF most of these, plugged directly into the factory housings are only going to be much blindingly brighter (mostly to oncoming drivers, as I've noticed even the BEST, supposedly aimed, and engineered Teuton/Euro factory setups do, let alone the lower grade, 'ricey' stuff), but without any extra 'throw' down the road, I'd rather just use a top shelf halogen replacement bulb in them (like the PIAA XTreme White Plus, etc.).

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Has anyone on here tried the PIAA "Night Tech" halogens, obviously made to compete with the Phillips Extreme Vision bulbs, and Osram "Night Breaker" bulbs?

I was wondering which of these three had the longest throw down the road, combined with better side vision illumination of the road. [dunno]

So much stupid in this thread.

Some basic FACT here. Most of these LED bulbs are considerably brighter than a Halogen bulb. The problem with them is that the light is being produced in the wrong spot in both projectors and reflectors. The Arc on an HID bulb is about 1mm and the light is thrown 360deg from this point and the projector (or reflector in a D2R) bowl is scientifically designed to focus this light source into the beam pattern you see. a Halogen filament creates a similar small light source but still slightly different from HID. The Halogen and HID headlights are actually slightly different in design to reflect this.

Now, back to the "brighter" LED bulb. You'll notice that the LED chips are separated by about 4-8mm as well as each chip being both longer and wider than the light source from HID or Halogen. This means that only about 15% of the light might be reflected correctly out the front of the lamp. The rest being reflected into areas that were not intended. LED Chips also do not produce 180Deg of even light, so its even worse. So, this is why you will never actually use all of the light from any drop in LED bulb.

You will never get better distance as it is impossible without grouping the light correctly. The only thing LED does is created a wider cone of light that disperses without actually improving the LUX down the road. You need the maximum LUX right at the hotspot just below the cutoff tor provide any distance vision. Otherwise you are just lighting the 50' in front of you and shining light directly into the cars in front.

We have tested all of this with a LUX meter, using multiple HID projectors, Halogen projectors and reflectors using Halogen bulbs, PNP Hid kits, and PNP LED bulbs. The LEDs always were the worst, even worse than OEM Halogen at 100-200ft. They are even worse at 50'.

If you want better lighting that is actually useful do an H9 swap as it provides more LUX than LED bulbs. Otherwise do a retrofit with either LED or HID projectors.

Has anyone on here tried the PIAA "Night Tech" halogens, obviously made to compete with the Phillips Extreme Vision bulbs, and Osram "Night Breaker" bulbs?

I was wondering which of these three had the longest throw down the road, combined with better side vision illumination of the road. [dunno]
They are all basically the same. H11 specs will always be dim, if you want better the only way using a bulb is an h9, even the cheapest will outperform all of those.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They are all basically the same. H11 specs will always be dim, if you want better the only way using a bulb is an h9, even the cheapest will outperform all of those.
OK, thanks! [thumb]

Is there any other number (other than the factory H1 high beam) replacement like this for our app??

OK, thanks! [thumb]

Is there any other number (other than the factory H1 high beam) replacement like this for our app??
No, h1 is very specific style. If you just want a ball of light to flash people then you could try led. If you use your high beams for night driving then you could try some "better" bulbs.

I'll be trying these Philips bulbs (all my retrofit HIDs I use Philips as they are always consistently the brightest) when I get my euro lights retrofitted and installed. They are probably a little brighter but it is likely not a very noticeable increase.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have xenon depot LEDs in my stock headlamp assemblies. No one I know says they are too bright when I am behind them in a car or truck. They work fine....i put my old LEDs in my Gfs 2017 mazda cx3...projector style assemblies....they work great....looks just like HIDs. Then again what do I know I own the first gens. From xenon depot and the latest design and the newest design.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk