Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

oem strut leaking

While changing my oil the other day, I noticed my passenger side front strut was leaking. Is this something that would be replaced under warranty or is it one of those "wear items" they won't cover. I just bought my fist w/ 21k mi and it'd be great to get a new set of struts on the house before my 3yr/30k portion expires...
Also, I've been told shocks/struts are known to weep a little and it doesn't always mean they're bad....

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mine were leaking at 2k miles. I went to coils but i wouldn't be surprised if the dealer gave you a hard time. Only one way to find out. And I've never heard of weeping struts being a normal thing. Once they leak, bye bye strut.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

klch

mine at 13k miles, both front shocks are leaking pretty bad, bad like the whole shock body are greasy and one side the shock oil even dripped down to the CV boot