Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weird Problem

After reading around it seems the car has a weird issue with stalling after filling it up. Last night I put some gas and every stop the revs would drop really low and the car actually shut off once. I know the EVAP valve should be a fix and hopefully the dealer can fix it on the spot when I take it in monday. Does anyone know if it is safe to drive and go away as the tank gets used up? Or will it only happen at lights? Should I go back to the gas station and just reinsert the pump for a miniute?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
After reading around it seems the car has a weird issue with stalling after filling it up. Last night I put some gas and every stop the revs would drop really low and the car actually shut off once. I know the EVAP valve should be a fix and hopefully the dealer can fix it on the spot when I take it in monday. Does anyone know if it is safe to drive and go away as the tank gets used up? Or will it only happen at lights? Should I go back to the gas station and just reinsert the pump for a miniute?
There is another thread on this. One other possible cause that came up is from topping off the tank after the pump automatically cut offs. One possible solution is using the nozzle to release pressure. You could probably also release it by using the plastic funnel that came with the car for filling by can.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12023

EVAP Valve
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11529

I usually just rev it a few times and it's fine. Only happens to me when I fill it with less than an 1/8th of a tank left.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

1nvoke

Exact thing happened to me last week. Its completely gone away by now, but it was a bit weird.

Just leave the nozzle in for at least 30 seconds after you finish pumping. My 16 will almost stall and run rough for a minute if I don't.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I've only had this happen to me once when I filled up after the low fuel light came on.

Typically I fill up before the light goes on, and I never continue filling after the pump clicks.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk