Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Goodbye Old Friend

I will miss you my yellow buddy.

I initially chose the Focus over the Fiesta as my first modern car purchase due to trunk space and highway performance. (I registered here in 2013 when I was deciding between the two) I packed my life into the car and put on 6000 miles within the first three weeks of owning the car. It was like discovering warp drive.

My true love will always be my first car, which I've daily'd and gradually restored for 10 years before getting into the Focus.

And that's the reason I traded in the Focus. The Fiesta feels just like a modernized mini with butt warmers.

I think the car is perfect as is, not even tempted to mod it.

TL;DR

Hi everyone!

OP
Marco
Thread Starter #5

If you check out my PAST RIDES (link below), you will see three of my old Minis and one newer model.

Dave
Wow a minivan! That's my dream mini.

Mine was a 998 which i've stroked to a 1098, with a cooper head and a 32/36 Weber. I love how easy these things are to work on.

*That's British Motor Co for those unfamiliar with British cars.

Welcome! Always good to see another Vancouver Fiesta ST!
Thank you! I've been seeing more Fiesta STs around town lately and they reminded me I've always wanted one. Never seen a molten orange though, which would've been my first choice, but I'm happy with being a bit more stealth with the blue after owning a yellow car. It's gonna be much harder to find in the parking lot now haha.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Wow a minivan! That's my dream mini.

Mine was a 998 which i've stroked to a 1098, with a cooper head and a 32/36 Weber. I love how easy these things are to work on.
The van had a custom built 1480cc JCW engine with a whopping 85 WHP.
The green one was a Venezuelan Cord, 998cc, with an all fiberglass body.
The red one was just a 1300cc Cooper.

I do say "had/was" because I have sold them all.

Dave

Zormecteon

Did you ever take the Mini to the Vancouver ABFM? I used to go annually but have had other commitments lately (went last year tho). Can't make it this year again, but maybe 2018?

OP
Marco
Thread Starter #9
Did you ever take the Mini to the Vancouver ABFM? I used to go annually but have had other commitments lately (went last year tho). Can't make it this year again, but maybe 2018?
Yes! absolutely. It's become a pretty big event.

my car was broken last year... and the year before that I was out of town... I've maybe missed 3 or 4 shows in the last 10 years? Definitely ready to go this year.

OP
Marco
Thread Starter #10
The van had a custom built 1480cc JCW engine with a whopping 85 WHP.
The green one was a Venezuelan Cord, 998cc, with an all fiberglass body.
The red one was just a 1300cc Cooper.

I do say "had/was" because I have sold them all.

Dave
Ahh that explains it. I thought the green one looked a bit different with the molded fender flares. Must have been quick!

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Hey there Marco! Remember us!? Nice to see you on this forum! Hopefully you enjoy Fiesta as much as you did your Focus. How many miles/kilometers did your Focus have at time of trade in?

OP
Marco
Thread Starter #13
Thanks Flaco!

Hey there Marco! Remember us!? Nice to see you on this forum! Hopefully you enjoy Fiesta as much as you did your Focus. How many miles/kilometers did your Focus have at time of trade in?
Hey Ray? Is that you? Yes of course I do, how can I forget the scene of all my belongings spread out on your workshop floor haha. I traded in my Focus at around 34,000 KMs for a 2015 Fiesta with ~4,000 KMs. I never got a chance to do much more road tripping with the Focus after moving back to Vancouver.

I'm feeling pretty comfortable with the Fiesta as is... doesn't seem to have that shift bang problem as the Focus did. I'm also enjoying the "sloppy" shifts after driving the solid mounted short-shifted Focus for so long.

I am eyeing your oval delrin knob though, maybe I'll have to drive to Chicago again to have you guys screw on the knob for me ;)

Hi. I was gonna buy that blue one from Key west ford. But you beat me to it. I was there when you were driving it away. So i got a new one. Congratulations!![cool]

OP
Marco
Thread Starter #17
Hi. I was gonna buy that blue one from Key west ford. But you beat me to it. I was there when you were driving it away. So i got a new one. Congratulations!![cool]
Haha no way! 'tis a small internet. Congratulations too. You've taken delivery already or waiting for an order? I think i remember seeing a black one when I dropped off the summer tires on the weekend.

PS: I grew up in Richmond, living downtown now and street parking. I bought the mini 10 years ago from the guy who now fix/restores Porsches who shares a garage with Stratified automotive in Richmond. I'll have to pay them a visit soon for some tunes and car parts.

i wanted to talk to you but you drove away already. yeah i got one last saturday Brand new 2016 Platinum white in Maple ridge. [cool]

OP
Marco
Thread Starter #19
i wanted to talk to you but you drove away already. yeah i got one last saturday Brand new 2016 Platinum white in Maple ridge. [cool]
Nice! Hahah yeah... personally, I like to get out of dealerships as quickly as possible before they take any more of my money.