Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fender tab, how far do i grind it down?

Hey guys, wondering if you can give me advice on how far I need to grind my fender tab down.

I recently put on 215/40/17 star specs and it's rubbing when I go over bumps or uneven roads.

I've attached a pic, please point out how far to grind down.

http://imgur.com/yRDg3EP

OP
D
Thread Starter #2
Is this just a dumb question that doesn't deserve an answer? lol

haste

1000 Post Club
Dunno man. I've run the direzza ZII star specs for close to 10k miles, track and highway, and have had no rubbing issues. I am on stock suspension, 43k miles.

You must be really low because I have pretty wide tires on bigger rims that sit out pretty flush and I don't rub there... not even close and I am "too low" in my opinion

hmm. i'm on 215/40-17 zII star specs as well, possibly on the same wheels as you (i'm on team dynamics as well, 17x7.5), and on bilstein coilovers. Maybe I just haven't hit a bad enough bump? Is the impact like.. extremely harsh when you rub?

You must be lower.. what is your wheel hub center to fender measurement? I think I'm at 31.0cm all around (pictured here, not in my signature photo)

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
yeah the impact is hard like i'm hitting metal. I know how it sounds to rub fender linings, this definitely isn't a fender lining.

Is this just a dumb question that doesn't deserve an answer? lol
Your photo plainly shows that the tire is touching the fender liner at the top as well as the mount tab. I recommend that you "unslam" the suspension so that it will function. A 215/40x17 does not touch anywhere unless you have defeated the suspension travel.