Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213
48 Likes

Thread: Good Bye Fiesta...

Member 53 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by grnmachine02 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'd be willing to bet his driving record played a part in his premium. That, or he's really young.
    Driving record or no driving record insurance always has an excuse to charge what they want. If you're not too young then you're not married. If you married then you've had a divorce. If you're driving Ms. Daisy then it's the area you live in. If it's not the area you live in then you're using it for business. If it's not for business then it's your driving distance. If it's not your driving distance then it's someone in your household; whether or not they're listed on your policy. If it's not a household member then you're a male. If you're not a male then you don't have a passenger airbag. If you have a passenger airbag then you have more than 200hp. If you have less than 200hp then it's the crime rate in your area. If it's not the crime rate then you live near a major highway, raising the average speed limit for your area. If you have OBD-II then we're going to charge you more because you won't use our monitoring device for a "discount". ABS, traction control, your occupation, your employment status, how much you make, your credit rating, felony, not a registered voter, etc, etc, etc, etc...

It's a game. They always have an excuse to justify whatever they want. Ever wonder how totally unrelated companies all manage to come up with similar and even the exact pricing? They purchase fancy computer algorithms that try to figure out the maximum amount you'll tolerate in payments. Any other industry, minus THE most powerful lobby, would've been sued for price fixing a long time ago. http://www.npr.org/2012/07/27/157500...ric-settlement

From personal experience, exorbitant pricing was never an issue until the state passed a law requiring it; and I used to be able to buy full year terms instead of a mere six months. It jumped over 330% when I (needlessly) financed my vehicle purchase. (financier requires coverage) I got the vehicle only six months ago but will pay it off in the next few months then file a bond with the state as coverage. I'm done with the excuses.

Member 53 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vegas_ View Post
    Well Accident lawyers will give you a free consultation.
    And the first thing they will tell you is to STOP Posting about it on line
    Maybe thats why he hasn't chimed in for a while
    If that were the case, he probably would've removed the photos and maybe even edited all of his posts.

It is more likely that he got tired of the "I never wrecked my vehicle ... tisk, tisk, tisk, shame on you" self-indulging, self-serving posts.

The poster said in his very first post that it was stupid, but that barely even slowed anyone down.

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Chicago
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I'd rather chastise the dude a bit so that others see it and realize street racing isn't worth it instead of coddling him.

Go fast. Go hard. But do it at the track or a canyon during the day. Doing it on a freeway like that is dumb and deserves to be called out if only for his own benefit.

Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Las vegas
    State
    NV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
    If that were the case, he probably would've removed the photos and maybe even edited all of his posts.
    It is more likely that he got tired of the "I never wrecked my vehicle ... tisk, tisk, tisk, shame on you" self-indulging, self-serving posts.
    The poster said in his very first post that it was stupid, but that barely even slowed anyone down.
    Good point. The poor kid, 19yo, and totals his new car, with no insurance,
    He admits to his mistake, he's in pain and the wound is deep. But people on here twist the knife and add salt to the wound.
    2016 Fiesta ST, Shadow Black
    Prior Car: 2013 Mustang V6 Auto

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Chicago
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vegas_ View Post
    Good point. The poor kid, 19yo, and totals his new car, with no insurance,
    He admits to his mistake, he's in pain and the wound is deep. But people on here twist the knife and add salt to the wound.
    I think everyone has sympathy for his plight but we're not his dad, we don't have to coddle him.

Pretty sure the first messages here were sorry that happened mate, but hope you learned your lesson on Street racing and the only thing you lost was your car. Imagine if he got seriously hurt or worse yet hurt someone else who happened to also be on the road?

It's not about choir boys or any of that bullshit, the point here is at 19 everyone feels invincible until they aren't anymore, if seeing this guy's plight stops someone else from doing something similar then it was a good use of the boards. I wish him well, and hopefully he's learned the lesson. I don't really care about the financial burden, he'll figure it out. I'm a doctor and I see car crash injuries in the ER and I don't wish that on anyone lest of all someone where we're all shaking our head because it was avoidable.

Member 53 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VLangs got it, it's not about "coddling" either. This is a teachable moment. We can all relate on some level. Most humans close their eyes and plug their ears in response to scorn; particularly when when people repeat back to them what they've already stated. "yeah, yeah, I got that" Unfortunately that also means whatever other information and life lessons one has to share may get lost. Yes, the overwhelming majority of us manage to avoid situations like this and it doesn't hurt to remind people of that; in a tasteful manner. How do you help yourself exercise restraint? How could this have been worse? Etc, etc... teach.

Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Las vegas
    State
    NV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vlangs View Post
    I'm a doctor and I see car crash injuries in the ER
    Perhaps you could take another look at those photos and give us your professional estimate as to the extent of injuries the driver might have suffered.
    The OP never mentioned anything about injuries, one way or the other, but it seems hard to believe that the driver would come out of that wreck without a scratch.
    2016 Fiesta ST, Shadow Black
    Prior Car: 2013 Mustang V6 Auto

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Chicago
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    if he did the car did it's job and good on him. I'd imagine he was a little shaken up, possibly burned in the hands or side of face from the airbag explosion

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213