Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2014 OEM Brake Pads

Does anyone know which aftermarket brake pads most resemble the OEM 2014 pads? Ford switched to a harder compound in 2015 to reduce brake dust and the new pads suck big time. I finally wore through them and am very excited to get back to some nice pads again, but won't be buying OEM as I can't get the pads I want. (I don't care about brake dust... It's all about feel and performance! The 2015 pads are super hard and feel very on/off)

Thanks,
WWD

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Does anyone know which aftermarket brake pads most resemble the OEM 2014 pads? Ford switched to a harder compound in 2015 to reduce brake dust and the new pads suck big time. I finally wore through them and am very excited to get back to some nice pads again, but won't be buying OEM as I can't get the pads I want. (I don't care about brake dust... It's all about feel and performance! The 2015 pads are super hard and feel very on/off)

Thanks,
WWD
Strange I have a dust show with my pads. What is the parts number of the OEM pad you got?

As for after market look at the hawk line there are quite a few to meet what you want.

OP
wrongwheeldrive
Thread Starter #3
Went ahead and ordered Hawk street pads. Part# HB725B.650.

Will let ya'll know how they compare to stock OEM 2014 pads, which I read were actually track pads.

I also loved the stock 2014 OEM pads, but can't get them anymore =(

Let me know how you like your new Hawk pads!

Btw, which ones did you order? Which rotors are you using?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I prefer the softer pads to wearing out the rotors... which these 2016 OEM seem to be doing quite well. (wearing out the rotors) The dust, much like fueling the car, is just a reality that can't be avoided. Whoever develops a clear brake pad however, will observe a healthy bank account. The major obstacle is the fact that it won't prevent the accumulation of soot and tire rubber.

Last edited:
Went ahead and ordered Hawk street pads. Part# HB725B.650.

Will let ya'll know how they compare to stock OEM 2014 pads, which I read were actually track pads.
They suck compared to the oem 2014 pads. No bite, I can't wait to take these Hawks off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk