Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST Octane Academy 2017

I purchased my ST in 16, am I still eligible?

I want to go this year....
I would call the guys @ octane. It is supposed to be a hard and fast rule 1 yr from date of purchase, but if it's close I would call anyway and explain why it didn't work out last year. They are super nice and friendly.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I would call the guys @ octane. It is supposed to be a hard and fast rule 1 yr from date of purchase, but if it's close I would call anyway and explain why it didn't work out last year. They are super nice and friendly.

Sent from my VS986
well i purchased in May 16... and want to go around my birthday, on the April 24 25 and 26 upgrade. so i should be good right? lol

The Final Fantasy Distant Worlds orchestra concert is on June 3rd and it's not coming to Atlanta, so I think I'm going to go to the June 4-5 session.
Hopefully I'll have a chance to either visit Antelope Island before the concert or hit up a rallycross event if there happens to be one scheduled on the 3rd and rent a focus st for it.

Registered for June 4-5. Im's going to stay in an Air BnB instead of a hotel. Should be a good trip! PM me if your going the same June 4-5 date

well i purchased in May 16... and want to go around my birthday, on the April 24 25 and 26 upgrade. so i should be good right? lol
Yes, you should be good. The registration asks for the date you took delivery and states "You have one calendar year from the delivery date to register and attend."

I'll be there April 26-27! Should be a fun road trip!

Just a note for anyone thinking about registering, the optional insurance can be purchased all the way up until the day of the event. My registration was 100% free, no credit card required.

joesiris

is it still worth going if you've never really had any experience track driving...we have drag strips round here and that's cool, but never been on a road course. Closest thing is finding those windy back roads and letting loose.

is it still worth going if you've never really had any experience track driving...we have drag strips round here and that's cool, but never been on a road course. Closest thing is finding those windy back roads and letting loose.
No experience required. There were a couple people still learning to drive a stick in my class! While that was a bit painful to watch sometimes, it was a lot of fun. They walk you through the basics, and the lead follow session helps you learn the line.

Do you guys think the insurance is worth the $120? It covers up to $5,000 in damages. Do you think there is any chance that our own personal insurance would cover damage in the event of an accident? I would imagine not because you are technically off-roading...I will probably end up getting the coverage for the added piece of mind but would like to hear opinions on the topic

Thinking back, I would have passed on the insurance, honestly.

One of my group asked the instructor if anyone had wrecked a car and needed to use the insurance. He said one guy was driving overly aggressive in the figure eight session and swiped the barrels. Ford Racing fixed that damage and didn't ping the guy (who had insurance). They basically hinted that the insurance was not necessary.

Just don't intentionally ram any barriers/buildings and you'll be fine. [histerical]

Kazz

Just got my letter. Now, to finish out this year's calendar and pick a date!

joesiris

No experience required. There were a couple people still learning to drive a stick in my class! While that was a bit painful to watch sometimes, it was a lot of fun. They walk you through the basics, and the lead follow session helps you learn the line.

thanks for that, now all id have to worry about is the distance to the acadamy

Yeah, I'd have to stop to overnight. But I've not had a road trip in the FiST yet, so... gonna have to make up my mind once I pick a date!

brbauer2

Yeah, I'd have to stop to overnight. But I've not had a road trip in the FiST yet, so... gonna have to make up my mind once I pick a date!
I'm in the same boat about deciding which vehicle to take.

I just crossed 3200 miles on the FiST and would be easily doubling that if we take it.

Or wife and I can take her CX-5 and get it close to 50k. We did a 6200 me trip last September in it and know it can take the long haul just fine.

Decisions, decisions.

Sent from my OnePlus 3

If any of you guys wanna sell those lovely Octane Academy ST badges once you complete the course, please let me know. I've got cash in hand and PayPal ready! [driving]

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Don't worry. I've taken mine from LA to Miami and back with no problems. Still had the stock wheels and suspension so the ride was noisy and bumpy at times but otherwise it was a great trip. Plan to take another one soon to the Smokies but this time I'll be prepared with meatier tires and probably a smoother suspension...just need to decide if I want to go lowered or not. Lol. Decisions, decisions.