Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
0 Likes

Thread: ST Octane Academy 2017

New Member 17 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Wichita
    State
    KS
    Country
    United States
    Rep Points
    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    If you have local track events that allow you to beat the crap out of someone else's car while having a professional instructor sitting next to you helping you find the right line, then yeah it's not worth it. I had a ton of fun when I went. Being able to drive Fiesta's and Focus's back to back on the track was also enjoyable. You can see how each one is a little different. The only thing I wish they did different was the hot lap with the instructor was after your solo driving laps. I would have pushed it even harder after riding with him.

New Member 5 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Port Charlotte
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Rep Points
    Still have to pick a date, but I'm going to make a vacation out of it visiting SLC and the national parks. It's going to be expensive though since I'm in FL.

Member 21 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    LA
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Rep Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillinZX View Post
    I'll see if I can get my gf to attend it. Problem would be transportation and lodging costs if it falls through. Plus she probably doesn't want to go unless I attend with her, which adds up the transportation costs even more.
    If you drive, you might save on transportation costs and have a vehicle locally to get around if you need. Course the trade-off is time, but I love road trips so I'll probably do this myself.

New Member 17 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Wichita
    State
    KS
    Country
    United States
    Rep Points
    I went the cheap route and had an epic adventure, but like you I love road trips. I stayed at the super 8 by the airport in salt lake. It was like $60/night, and right off the interstate. Only took like 15-20 mins to get to the track. My only regret is I didn't have $1500 to stay for day 2 to drive the mustangs.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Member 21 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    LA
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Rep Points
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_lander View Post
    I went the cheap route and had an epic adventure, but like you I love road trips. I stayed at the super 8 by the airport in salt lake. It was like $60/night, and right off the interstate. Only took like 15-20 mins to get to the track. My only regret is I didn't have $1500 to stay for day 2 to drive the mustangs.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    How did you like it there? I am thinking of doing the exact same thing if I can. You may have saved me looking for a good spot to stay. :-)

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Inland Empire
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Rep Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfazz View Post
    I'm interested but not sure it's worth getting a flight, rental car, and hotel, for a few hours of driving. Anyone chime in if it's really worth it. Plenty of track events locally I can attend.
    It was well worth it. A lot of fun, decent amount of seat time, the instructors were awesome, and take you for a spin to show you the potential of the platform. I got my flight when southwest had them on sale, room near the track was like 100 or so for the night. Only thing I would do differently is stay in Downtown Salt Lake as there's some cool spots to grab a beer and hang out
    2016 White Platinum Fiesta ST (Tuned by Mountune, AEM Testing Intake, Deadhook Symposer Delete, XenonDepot LED low beams, Damond Motorsports OCC, CP-E Catback Exhaust, CFM Oil Cap Breather)

New Member 10 Rep Points Mchris2725's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    West Chester
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Rep Points
    Should I take the trip out to SLC for a long weekend and Octane Academy or buy a hybrid turbo???
    2016 Kona Blue Ford Fiesta ST
    Recaro Package, Sunroof, Navigation
    Cobb RMM - Cobb Stage 2 93 Octane OTS - Mishimoto CAI - FSWerks Exhaust
    Mountune Sport Springs - DepoRacing Intercooler

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Columbus
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Rep Points
    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm there May 6-7. I heard on TTAC that it was really good. The supporting opinions here have me reassured, but I was pretty excited regardless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12