Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST Octane Academy 2017

I'll see if I can get my gf to attend it. Problem would be transportation and lodging costs if it falls through. Plus she probably doesn't want to go unless I attend with her, which adds up the transportation costs even more.

I've not started the registration process - have to figure out a date. But I can't find anywhere what the cost is for the one-day Academy, just the Guest Experience and second-day upgrade. Is it free???

I've not started the registration process - have to figure out a date. But I can't find anywhere what the cost is for the one-day Academy, just the Guest Experience and second-day upgrade. Is it free???
The one day academy is free. There is a fee for the liability insurance though, about $135 I believe?

I'm interested but not sure it's worth getting a flight, rental car, and hotel, for a few hours of driving. Anyone chime in if it's really worth it. Plenty of track events locally I can attend.

If you have local track events that allow you to beat the crap out of someone else's car while having a professional instructor sitting next to you helping you find the right line, then yeah it's not worth it. I had a ton of fun when I went. Being able to drive Fiesta's and Focus's back to back on the track was also enjoyable. You can see how each one is a little different. The only thing I wish they did different was the hot lap with the instructor was after your solo driving laps. I would have pushed it even harder after riding with him.

Still have to pick a date, but I'm going to make a vacation out of it visiting SLC and the national parks. It's going to be expensive though since I'm in FL.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I'll see if I can get my gf to attend it. Problem would be transportation and lodging costs if it falls through. Plus she probably doesn't want to go unless I attend with her, which adds up the transportation costs even more.
If you drive, you might save on transportation costs and have a vehicle locally to get around if you need. Course the trade-off is time, but I love road trips so I'll probably do this myself.

I went the cheap route and had an epic adventure, but like you I love road trips. I stayed at the super 8 by the airport in salt lake. It was like $60/night, and right off the interstate. Only took like 15-20 mins to get to the track. My only regret is I didn't have $1500 to stay for day 2 to drive the mustangs.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I went the cheap route and had an epic adventure, but like you I love road trips. I stayed at the super 8 by the airport in salt lake. It was like $60/night, and right off the interstate. Only took like 15-20 mins to get to the track. My only regret is I didn't have $1500 to stay for day 2 to drive the mustangs.

How did you like it there? I am thinking of doing the exact same thing if I can. You may have saved me looking for a good spot to stay. :)

I'm interested but not sure it's worth getting a flight, rental car, and hotel, for a few hours of driving. Anyone chime in if it's really worth it. Plenty of track events locally I can attend.
It was well worth it. A lot of fun, decent amount of seat time, the instructors were awesome, and take you for a spin to show you the potential of the platform. I got my flight when southwest had them on sale, room near the track was like 100 or so for the night. Only thing I would do differently is stay in Downtown Salt Lake as there's some cool spots to grab a beer and hang out

I'm there May 6-7. I heard on TTAC that it was really good. The supporting opinions here have me reassured, but I was pretty excited regardless.

Is the reception worth attending?
I thought it was cool seeing behind the scenes of Ken Block's place. And the hostesses were Very nice. But if you aren't interested in that stuff, then probably not.