Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB GROUP BUY #2: 3rd brake light flasher modules $35 SHIPPED EACH

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

So I finally got around to installing this today, but since the wires were shorter than anticipated I didn't get a good crimp on one of the connectors and I think it's causing the unit to malfunction...it isn't holding after three flashes and just continuously flashes. Anyone else have this happen and know if a bad connection would cause this? Or is it a fault with the module? Any help is appreciated thanks! I'm going to get a new connector tomorrow and see if that fixes it.

So I finally got around to installing this today, but since the wires were shorter than anticipated I didn't get a good crimp on one of the connectors and I think it's causing the unit to malfunction...it isn't holding after three flashes and just continuously flashes. Anyone else have this happen and know if a bad connection would cause this? Or is it a fault with the module? Any help is appreciated thanks! I'm going to get a new connector tomorrow and see if that fixes it.
Mine did that, the problem was a bad ground. Once I got the ground sorted out, it worked fine.

Sent from my Spaceship

Also, the ground wire from the factory seems really thin, thinner than the quick connecter allows. I ended up cutting the ground and splicing a third wire in to connect to the flasher's ground.

Sent from my Spaceship

Also, the ground wire from the factory seems really thin, thinner than the quick connecter allows. I ended up cutting the ground and splicing a third wire in to connect to the flasher's ground.

Sent from my Spaceship
Thanks for the info, I'll try that tomorrow. How exactly did you splice in a third wire? Just curious what the best method is.

Thanks for the info, I'll try that tomorrow. How exactly did you splice in a third wire? Just curious what the best method is.
I don't know the "technical" terms, so I'll describe it as best I can until I can take a pic. I cut the factory ground, then I had one of those "tubes" where you crimp the wire in either end. I put the third wire in and crimped it with the wire on the light side, put the car side wire in the other end of the tube and crimped it down. The third wire had a connecter to work with the flasher. Badda bing Badda boom.

Sent from my Spaceship

I don't know the "technical" terms, so I'll describe it as best I can until I can take a pic. I cut the factory ground, then I had one of those "tubes" where you crimp the wire in either end. I put the third wire in and crimped it with the wire on the light side, put the car side wire in the other end of the tube and crimped it down. The third wire had a connecter to work with the flasher. Badda bing Badda boom.

Sent from my Spaceship
Ah okay, I think I get what you mean, thanks! Imma give it a go tomorrow morning probably, I don't think people are happy with me constantly flashing in their faces right now haha

I just realized what happened with the speed of the flashers.

I totally spaced that with the blue/white wires from the flasher connected, it does a fast rate flash. If you want slow, you can simply cut the connection between the two wires.
Hey, Matt!

Maybe you should give us a video of the alternative flash?

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #128
Here's a video of the fast flashing.

[video=youtube;bKb6fU5C08U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKb6fU5C08U[/video]

Last edited: