Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's the purpose of your ST?

I needed a daily, and have always had performance vehicles. A stroke of bad luck ended me in an awful truck for 6 years that lost all of its value and I had picked up a car from a conworker who was strapped for cash and I just ended up with two money pits.

I picked up the phone called a dealer and inquired on credit applications and much to my surprise, I was approved. If I am being saddled with a payment then I needed something I would like and it's the highest I could afford at the time.

So my purpose is a commuter car. She will get rally armor flaps and a Yakima rack (kayaks) soon.

What I want to know is do you guys own your ST for a pleasure car? Or daily? What's your story?

I am new here, just feeling out the forum.

So you got rid of the truck and car for the FiST? I'm sure most daily drive these cars, it isn't like they're some kind of exotic.

My story is I'm a car-hating urbanist but also a car enthusiast. Hadn't owned a car in a few years, but picked up the FiST when I moved to Seattle a few months ago and wanted a car to use to go hiking, for trips to the coast, fun mountain drives, maybe a track day or two. Bought it before winter to give me time to finish modding it before I use the car in the spring. Last time I lived in Seattle I sold the car I had, and while it was fine I missed having an easy way to pop out of the city for an impromptu hike or trip to Canada or something.

Love the look of utility mods on FiSTs, like roof racks and mud flaps and stuff. I'm sort of going that route too, since I want the FiST to be the best day trip car it can be. Mud flaps, weathertech floor liners, avoiding mods that'll make being in the car for hours at a time unpleasant like bouncy suspension or a crazy loud exhaust.

The great thing about these cars is they have such nice power stock that there's really no need to dump a bunch of money into performance mods. A great car out of the box.

Welcome to the community!

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
I drive ALOT and the 94 sierra needed a trans and the 97 Altima needed to be burned lol. The FiST was an after thought really. I was hoping I could even finance a vehicle. Dang thing hasn't been PD inspected until I bought it. I wanted the nicest thing I could afford and I couldn't beat 0% 72 month financing Ford offered. So being a car enthusiast, I wanted the Gocus but it was out of my price range. The Fiesta was runner up.

I installed a BOV adapter, but it's getting on my nerves. I also blocked off the symposer, but I didn't yank it all out either. Considering putting it back in and leaving it alone. Getting in the drivers seat made me do it really.

Daily driver here, "Just a little Fiesta econobox for driving into the city" is what I told the missus. :)

Daily driver here, "Just a little Fiesta econobox for driving into the city" is what I told the missus. :)
funny, that's what my insurance company thinks too [rofl]

if you're ever in downtown Seattle and see some weirdo on the sidewalk looking giddy at the sight of a FiST that's probably me

I needed a car four door car with utility that can get me from point A to point B and not bore me to death. I picked up the car and didn't really intend to do much to the car because I was between weekend cars and if you look at my signature, I did more than I wanted and I have a lot of parts yet to be installed. :)

I love how the car can punch above it's weight class in the mountain roads and that's where primarily most of my "fun" driving is done.

The fist will stay a daily driver for the foreseeable future while I find my perfect project car for weekends.I thought about turning the fist into my weekend warrior car, but there are other platforms more suitable for that.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

IF I had one as insanely potent as your FiST, I would be using it to throw 2JZGTEs (and RB20DETs) off of their high horse pedestals way before worrying about any V-8s out there. [wink] (In a safe scenario, of course, NOT street racing.)

IF I had one as insanely potent as your FiST, I would be using it to throw 2JZGTEs (and RB20DETs) off of their high horse pedestals way before worrying about any V-8s out there. [wink] (In a safe scenario, of course, NOT street racing.)
you mean RB26DET or RB26DETT, right?

I use it as a daily, it gets good mileage and suits me just fine. Wouldn't really recommend for bumpy routes, or traffic prone commutes. It makes a good weekend warrior too.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm sure most daily drive these cars, it isn't like they're some kind of exotic.
Could not agree more, but some on here DO treat them like a half million buck (or more) exotic, putting them into hibernation for the winter and such, or using them for track use ONLY (ALL the more power to them if they can afford to do this logistically/financially! [thumb]).

I personally think there are much better pure road course/open track use vehicles out there (RWD, much lower center of gravity/instant center/weight distribution/etc.).
But for a utilitarian, ALL purpose/use economy performance car, it cannot be beat!! [driving] [cool]

Zormecteon

I got mine as "my last car". I'm retired now (not when I bought it tho) and I've seen way too many old people buy a big luxury car as their last vehicle. After a few years the car is way too big for them, the fuel economy makes it too expensive to drive, and they can barely see over the hood. .. (As it turns out, as you age, your peripheral vision increases [most likely a survival thing as you need more warning of things coming from the sides since your reaction time goes down] and cars seem like they're coming into your lane. That's part of why olde people drive so slowly and cautiously. Anyway I wanted something that I could use as a sports car, that would carry anything I'm likely to want to bring home, and gets good fuel economy. Also important a DOMESTIC automobile as foreign parts and and labor rates for foreign cars are real killers (especially on a fixed income)
From the time I first saw the Mazda 2 and later at the same (new) car show I longed for the platform. I was just about ready to get a stripper model when the ST was announced......... ..... ... .. .

No other car even comes close to filling the bill.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I'm in a very similar situation, and this may also be MY "last car" as well, given how long I tend to hold onto cars I like/appreciate, and NOT get bored of them as quickly as most others.
I would end it all right now IF I had to drive one of the 'old folks go to' point A to B appliance cars (Camry, Avalon, etc.) for the rest of my life!!!!
(Also one of the reasons I do not even like the image of a 4 door car, and wanted this one in a 3 door so badly.)

I also agree on the domestic nameplate thing, but for other reasons as well. [doorpeek]

And YES, it's not that nothing even comes close to fitting the bill, but more like there is NO OTHER choice for me as far as I'm concerned, on a fixed income. [wink]

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
How do they stack up in stock form on current sports cars? 350/370z, charger/challenger r/t, mustangs, WRX and of the nature?
In a good-spirited run, with a good E30 tune and a good intercooler, you can give WRXs and 350s a run for the money. Probably see tail lights and doors of everything else you mentioned. But, street racing isn't my thing (if that's the question).

Some Guy On The Internet

OP
J
Thread Starter #18
In a good-spirited run, with a good E30 tune and a good intercooler, you can give WRXs and 350s a run for the money. Probably see tail lights and doors of everything else you mentioned. But, street racing isn't my thing (if that's the question).

Some Guy On The Internet
I used to be guilty of an interstate pull now and again when I was a kid. Just curious how I'd stack up on one on the interstate. I don't pick fights but I've had some stances hondas see what's up. These black wheels and BOV adapter gotta go. Thought the BOV adapter would be cool but it has drawn too much attention.

I needed a daily driver to replace my aging R53 (2006) MIni Cooper S. Little things were starting to add up and the new ones didn't have the same bang for the buck nor appeal. If I was going to get a slightly bigger car, I wanted usable back seats and the FiST checked off just about everything on my list. Driven it with absolutely no issues (just under 10k miles at the moment) so it has lived up to my expectations so far.

Zormecteon

^^^
(Also one of the reasons I do not even like the image of a 4 door car, and wanted this one in a 3 door so badly.)

And YES, it's not that nothing even comes close to fitting the bill, but more like there is NO OTHER choice for me as far as I'm concerned, on a fixed income. [wink]
I wanted a 3 door as well, BUT now that I've had a 4 door I don't think I would choose the 3. The convenience far outweighs the appearance. Maybe I'm just getting old.