Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's the purpose of your ST?

It's a weekend toy for me, though every morning it's tempting to grab the keys and take it out. Coming from a Subaru the FiST has been a bargain to modify and not daily driving it, to me, preserves how much fun it is to drive.
Yes! I can't begin to tell you the excitement I have to go get it out of storage in spring. It's going to be like getting in a new car all over again. The flexibility to keep the FiST parked in the chance of hail or what not is nice. That along with if something breaks i'm not totally stuck. I only paid $1100 for my beater and it's a strong runner so it's not like I have two car payments.

Mine started out as a daily. It made it through its first winter last year. Then over summer the coilovers and front splitter went on and I didn't want to risk it with the snow around here. So I put it in a heated storage unit and bought a winter beater that i'll continue to use on rainy days come this next season.

It's my daily driver, "A to B" car. I should have probably bought a Focus ST since I drive a lot of highway miles but I really like small, light cars.

Siestarider

Phase I: I wanted light powerful economy for DD. Ordered sight unseen August 2013 based on reviews. Needed regular hauling, dog box, scuba gear, tools and equipment so did rear seat delete. Then bought light wheels and better rubber. Went to mountains to hoon and fell in love with car in its natural habitat. Realized the car was much better than I was a driver.

Phase II: Started tracking early 2015 so I could safely explore car and my own limits. Madly in love with car, tracking, and getting quicker.

Phase III: Had no idea car was so easy to work on. Just takes a little time to learn specifics. Very satisfying to do own work. Started experimenting with performance mods.

Now: DD perfect. Driving on track with improved skill translates nicely to safer street use. Car getting better in small increments, driver much better and still catching up. Nothing like outrunning cars costing 5X as much on track. Fiesta has surpassed my '69 Lotus Elan as favorite car ever.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Fiesta has surpassed my '69 Lotus Elan as favorite car ever.

That's quite an endorsement of/proclamation for our cars, since THAT car was (and still IS) one of my all-time favorites. [thumb]

I fell in love with it (AND it's driver, Diana Rigg as Emma Peel) from watching the TV series "The Avengers" in my youth. [wink]

Siestarider

I have driven nothing with 4 wheels that feels as light as pre-70's Lotuses. Fiesta's weight is about as light as economical performance cars come today. Similar to Lotus in fast driving, where if you exceed car's limits a little it's more forgiving than you expect.

I got my FiST to be a daily driver. I applied to work a job outside of my career field right after moving to Germany from Hawaii and got the job. I got a BMW 318i to use as a beater while waiting on my Camry (family car) and Ducati 848 (toy) to get here. The BMW started having issues and I didn't want to have a first impression of being the unreliable guy at work so I went to buy the cheapest new car I could. Sales dude told me the Fiesta isn't even worth having and if I get the ST I'll love it. I hated cars...I came from a big family of car people and I had zero interest. I've driven plenty of fast cars before but they weren't that fun. The most fun (not the fastest) being the evo X . The dude at the dealership told me to look up the fiesta top gear video. Again a show I didn't care for because of my family being way too into it. But I thought that clip was cool and enough to persuade me. I ended up getting the ST just so I would have a car that didn't have to be giving 100% every time I got on the autobahn to drive home.

I've never had so much fun on four wheels. It's like a little go-cart. Fast forward to now and I use my car as a daily driver and I make as many trips to the nurburgring as I can (an hour and a half away). I sold my Ducati...which all went to my stage 3/turbo upgades haha [clap] The Fiesta is my only toy now. Ordered new wheels for this coming track season today [:D]

It's just my Friday to Sunday car and for any trips with lighter traffic and open roads. I save it for the fun stuff where possible.

Its my daily do everything beater car... One day I might even track it, really depends my lazyness levels..

Mine is a daily driver. It gets great MPG and is easy to park and fun to drive.

I have several more interesting cars, but really enjoy driving my FiST.

Just picked mine up today.

1. I wanted to spend as little as possible while getting back into a warranty.

B. I wanted a car that was a kick in the patootie to drive. I drove a Magnum RT for 9 years, and while I loved that car, it just wasn't a true driver's car. Big, heavy, totally numb steering, Lazy Boy front seats.

Replaced a 5-speed Chevy Cavalier with this after 15x,xxx miles. Hoping to get that many miles out of this little Fiesta while still dabbling in a few mods to make it faster. All I really need is a pro tune and maybe some wheels/tires and I think I will be happy after that. No real desire to replace the turbo as the main purpose of this car is to get me to and from work and to do it reliably.

I got mine for daily driving duty. I needed something that would be fun to drive on my commute and I wouldn't tire of quickly. This fit the bill perfectly.

trailhead car. I like traveling to national parks and going hiking and stuff a ton so i needed a car that was comfy for long trips like that but still fit my tuner nature. So.. rally armor, team dynamics, but i keep the suspension kinda slammed and tear up my z2 star specs on forest roads. my pierce chassis bracing does double duty as a front skid plate ha