Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rotor and Pad Issue

AMelotti

Hey guys and girls,

I changed my brakes around 3 weeks ago to Stop Tech Slotted Rotors and Hawk PC pads. I run 15 inch steelies in the winter here in Canada so I never really see my rotor but the other day I looked and noticed that on the rotors near the center there is a lot of rust where it looks like the pad isnt using the rotor. The car runs fine and I bed them in again last night to make sure that wasn't the issue. Im taking it back to my mechanic to make sure the pad is fully making contact but was just wondering if anyone has had this problem before? I attached photos of the rotors to the thread, not the easiest to get photos with steelies on.

Attachments

Totally normal, rotors get oxidized very quickly and surface rust can form in a just few days. The pad won't cover the entire surface of the rotor, so you will get small ridges where the rotor doesn't wear.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ditto. This totally normal unless you get a rotor with zinc coating.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Adamsrotors.com. On the pricey side but they are custom built with a ton of customization options

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk