Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MW-33-70 Race Red 3 Door from Macau SAR

I picked up my Fiesta ST on July in 2014. I have had my fair share of modified cars back in Victoria and Vancouver BC, Canada. I was pretty involved in Auto-X with a few of my past cars. When I picked up the FiST I had planned to keep it "stock" and a fun daily.

The first month of owning the car I realized how inadequate the brakes were compared to all my past cars. Within a few weeks I had the first set of Alcon 4-Piston Monobloc with full floating rotors in Asia on a street car. From there on out, it just snowballed and got to where it is right now. My end goal was to build the car as close to what it should have been from the factory, mimicking my old Honda Integra Type-R's (DC2 and DC5). Obviously I added a twist to it to make it "mine".

I left Macau a few months ago for work back in Vancouver so the FiST has been parked up. I don't know when I will go back but missing my car made me realize I should have started a build thread a long time ago.

Hope everyone here enjoys what I have done to my car, I know I got a lot of ideas from when browsing this forum.

Engine
- ITG Cold Air Intake
- Peron Stage 2 Intercooler
- Turbosmart Wastegate Actuator
- Boomba Symposer Delete
- Mountune Induction Hose
- Mountune Charge Pipe Set
- Scorpion 3 Inch Down Pipe
- Scorpion 200 Cell Sport Cat
- Scorpion 2.5 Inch Cat Back Exhaust
- Denso Iridium Spark Plugs 1 Degree Colder
- Boomba Oil Catch Can Stage 2
- Boomba Oil Cap
- Powertronix Battery Stabilizer
- Andrewspeed Stage 2+ Tune

Drivetrain
- M Factory Helical LSD
- Millers CRX LS 75-90w Transmission Fluid

Suspension
- KW Variant 3 Coilovers
- ST Suspension Front/Rear Sway Bars
- H&R Camber Bolts
- Cobb Rear Motor Mount
- Piercemotorsports 6 Point Lower Brace
- Piercemotorsports Front Strut Tower Brace
- Piercemotorsports Rear Torsion Bar
- Piercemotorsports Lateral Rear Trunk Brace
- Piercemotorsports Mid Ship Brace

Brakes
- Alcon 4 Piston Monobloc Calipers
- Alcon 332x28 2 Piece Floating Discs
- Alcon Stainless Brake Lines Front
- Ferodo DS2500 Front Brake Pads
- Custom 330mm Rear 2 Piece Discs
- Goodridge Stainless Brake Lines Rear
- EBC Brakes Yellow Stuff Rear Pads
- Boomba Brake Duct Deflectors

Wheels
- fifteen52 Turbomac 17x8 ET42 Wheels
- Front Custom 5mm Hub Centric Spacers
- Rays Engineering Gunt Metal Duralumin Lug Nuts
- Dunlop Direzza ZII 215/40/17
- Tredwear ?DUNLOP? Stickers

Exterior
- Front Fender Work by Sunse Tuning
- Triple R Front Splitter
- RS Style Wing
- Sico Tuning Tow Hook
- Perrin Shorty Antenna
- Philips 4300K Main Bulbs
- Philips 3000k Fog Lights
- Ceramic Pro Coating

Interior
- Boomba Racing Short Throw Shifter
- Boomba Racing Aluminum Shifter Base Bushings
- Boomba Racing Transmission Adapter
- Deadhook Motorsports Shifter Extension
- Titanium Shift Knob
- Active Shift Throttle Pedal Spacer
- Stack Boost Gauge
- no pistons Dead Pedal
- Kap Industries Fire Extinguisher Mount
- Tire Pressure/Temperature Monitoring System
- Cowon AF2 Front/Rear Camera

Here's a few pictures of when I first got it and had a ceramic coating done to it.

Alcon brakes and ST lowering springs installed

Triple-R Front Lip and 25mm Spacers installed

Peron Intercooler compared to stock intercooler

Boomba full short shifter kit + deadhook shifter extender + Custom titanium knob with the Ford's thread pitch

When I had my tires rotated I discovered 2 wheels had bent from the crappy roads in Macau. I ordered up a set of 17x8 fifteen52 Turbomac's. The front wheels needed custom, press fitted, 5mm spacers to clear my calipers. The wheels were 1 lbs lighter and 1 inch wider than stock.

At this point I wasn't very happy with the appearance of the small rotors in the back. I thought about the Wilwood rear brake kit but it seemed over priced to me. I found a brake manufacturer in Taiwan that was willing to make me a a custom 2 piece rotor with bracket to match my front Alcons. Surprisingly, changing to a bigger rotor changed the braking feel a little bit. I could feel there was an ever so slightly more rear bite. Call it the butt dyno for braking or whatever, I was happy!

Bad picture of custom rotors peaking out from the Turbomacs

By this point all my bolt on upgrades and wastegate actuator were on (can't find the pictures). It was tuned on the dyno by a friend of mine that works on the ST race cars in Asia. I don't have the dyno graph but the car put down 233whp. I forgot the torque numbers but they were slightly higher than Peron's stage 2 map.

I removed the Boomba wing spacers and went for the RS style wing from the UK.

After driving around on the new tune for a while I realized how overwhelmed the front tires were. I picked up a MFactory LSD in a group buy I set up and installed it.

With the LSD installed, I also felt lowering springs were just not handling right. On went a set of KW Variant 3's and while I was at it I also installed the full set of Pierce Motorsports Race Package Braces.

Before I left, my REAL Bride Zieg III Type R arrived with the wrong rails. I never installed it so it's just sitting at my parents house for my return... I have had quite a few Bride fixed back buckets in the past and for the money they are quality and comfortable enough for daily driving. I even got the jumper harness to remove the SRS light after putting in the new seat.

Why the red? Because I was inspired by 2 of my childhood dream cars.
Ford RS200

Ferrari F40

I know I didn't document everything fully, but it's as close to chronological order as I remember. Here's a few parting images with I took before I packed up and left Macau

Super slammed before the KW's were set up properly

Euro Spec MK 6 Golf R (built similar to the FiST), FiST, 1968 MG Midget (Inherited from my Grandfather who's owned it since close to new)

The Alfa Spider and Honda Beat aren't mine, but I liked the surroundings so took a picture

Future Plans:
Ford Motorsport B-Spec ABS Module
Some type of turbo upgrade for 300whp
CCW 3-Piece Classic Wheels with Advan A050 or equivalent tires

I'll part with this shot of my current project/daily....I like to try new things and this is a whole new world

Pete

Awesome build. In for more info of this company to do the rear brakes for you.

OP
K
Thread Starter #4
Awesome build. In for more info of this company to did the rear brakes for you.
Thank you!

Let me ask my friend for the info. Last time I remember the guy in Taiwan doesn't speak English. They built a lot of brake kits for OEM and other aftermarket manufacturers, T1R and VTTR comes to mind.
That was a great read!! Thank you. What did you think of the mfactory LSD?
Thank you!

If I'm truly honest, it's a little underwhelming. I don't get the inside wheel peels as much in the corners. When I really hammer on it though I can feel the locking action "letting go". My experiences with Torsen style diffs were my Hondas before, but they made way less torque so it worked well with them.

If I had the choice to do the diff again I would go with a Wavetrac or Peloquin. I would have gone for the mfactory clutch type LSD but they don't have one for the FiST. I had thoughts about changing the LSD again and final drive because 3rd gear and up is a bit long.

Sent from my SM-N9300 using Tapatalk

If I'm truly honest, it's a little underwhelming. I don't get the inside wheel peels as much in the corners. When I really hammer on it though I can feel the locking action "letting go". My experiences with Torsen style diffs were my Hondas before, but they made way less torque so it worked well with them.

If I had the choice to do the diff again I would go with a Wavetrac or Peloquin. I would have gone for the mfactory clutch type LSD but they don't have one for the FiST. I had thoughts about changing the LSD again and final drive because 3rd gear and up is a bit long.

Sent from my SM-N9300 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Cool. ThanK you for your honesty. And saving me that hassle. Please post on here if and when you find out for sure about the rear brakes. Hate how small they are.