Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

For those running the MP215.

Zormecteon

I took my car in for its 40,000 mile servicing today. I know that mountune recommends changing the plugs every 10,000 miles, and my tune has been on the car since about 10,000 miles, so 30,000 on the plugs. They all looked like I've been running a little rich, and one of the coils was just starting to go bad. I can only get 92 octane, not 93 so that may be a part of it. The car seem to be running a little better? The deterioration taking place over years so that it was not noticeable, but the mileage had been seeming to slip, which was why I decided to have the plugs looked at in the first place.

Anyway----moral of the story---- Check your plugs every 10,000! I know I'll be replacing mine now on a yearly basis.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I took my car in for its 40,000 mile servicing today. I know that mountune recommends changing the plugs every 10,000 miles, and my tune has been on the car since about 10,000 miles, so 30,000 on the plugs. They all looked like I've been running a little rich, and one of the coils was just starting to go bad. I can only get 92 octane, not 93 so that may be a part of it. The car seem to be running a little better? The deterioration taking place over years so that it was not noticeable, but the mileage had been seeming to slip, which was why I decided to have the plugs looked at in the first place.

Anyway----moral of the story---- Check your plugs every 10,000! I know I'll be replacing mine now on a yearly basis.
Thanks for the heads up. My car is about to hit 30,000 miles (23k of those on MP215) on OEM plugs. I'll add that to the ever growing list of items to repair when I hit 30k

CSM

1000 Post Club
What else do you have to repair at 30k?!?
Honestly nothing unusual, just a lot of little things that I have been putting off
- New pads and rotors and fluid flush/bleed
- Coolant flush
- New engine and transmission oil
- Spark Plugs
- New intake filter and cabin filter

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Did the dealer catch the partially bad coil with individual component testing, or were you actually getting occasional misfires/misfire DTCs??

This is the first I've ever heard of any coil packs going bad so early on these cars. [:(]

OP
Zormecteon

Zormecteon

Thread Starter #6
Did the dealer catch the partially bad coil with individual component testing, or were you actually getting occasional misfires/misfire DTCs??

This is the first I've ever heard of any coil packs going bad so early on these cars. [:(]
I had no indication. They found it in their diagnostics testing. They covered it under warranty..... And this oddly enough. I drove away and after a few blocks, about a mile or so, the check engine light came on and the car started miss firing.... I looped around and took it back of course. It turned out to be a bad plug from the factory...

Norry's law! (Just because it's new, doesn't mean it's good)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I had no indication. They found it in their diagnostics testing. They covered it under warranty..... And this oddly enough. I drove away and after a few blocks, about a mile or so, the check engine light came on and the car started miss firing.... I looped around and took it back of course. It turned out to be a bad plug from the factory...

Norry's law! (Just because it's new, doesn't mean it's good)
Was this a dealer supplied plug (whoever makes them for Ford/Motorcraft), or did you give them some Densos/NGKs to install?

OP
Zormecteon

Zormecteon

Thread Starter #8
Was this a dealer supplied plug (whoever makes them for Ford/Motorcraft), or did you give them some Densos/NGKs to install?
I know I'm in the minority (of this forum) but strictly dealer supplied. I figure FORD knows best and am not trying to over think it. I couldn't tell you if it was a Motorcraft of Ford part. ......... .. no wait, I have it right here.. FoMoCo..BM5G-12405-CA... or is it this number...CYFS13YRC... or..... stamped into the metal...1LZTR6A6 JAPANNO078..

Oh.. no.. that's the original plug... too brown to be new...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I know I'm in the minority (of this forum) but strictly dealer supplied. I figure FORD knows best and am not trying to over think it. I couldn't tell you if it was a Motorcraft of Ford part. ......... .. no wait, I have it right here.. FoMoCo..BM5G-12405-CA... or is it this number...CYFS13YRC... or..... stamped into the metal...1LZTR6A6 JAPANNO078..

Oh.. no.. that's the original plug... too brown to be new...
[histerical] OK, I get your point! [:)]

Those last two numbers sound like a Champion and an NGK number in order and respectively.

OP
Zormecteon

Zormecteon

Thread Starter #10
[histerical] OK, I get your point! [:)]

Those last two numbers sound like a Champion and an NGK number in order and respectively.
Really ALL those numbers are on the plugs... perhaps NGK makes the plugs for FoMoCo?..