Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

$2800 to spend

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm going to go in an entirely different direction:

Coilovers: $1000
4x100 conversion: $200 (in tooling and studs)
6UL 17x8 + nuts: $1000
Used Cobb AP: $400
Pearce Motorsports 2-Point Lower Brace: $100

Check out the Fast Ford's article on light weight wheels on an earlier model FiST; the performance increase of lighter wheels is one of the best price/performance modification you can make. The Cobb AP is a great deal, even if you just start out with the OTS tunes for now. Coilovers improve ride significantly and the brace really helps turn in.

Alternatively you could stay 4x108 and use the TD 1.2's as they did in the Fast Fords article and spend the $200 on a tune, instead (and get FFS). Having said that, I love my 6ULs.

Keep in mind that I'm an autocrosser, have a race car for HPDEs, have never seen a strip, and don't street race, so you might be looking for something completely different from your FiST.

OP
E
Thread Starter #23
Oh man... I said it was gonna stay 'stock' but my mod itch was just too much and I had to scratch. Still love this car so no regrats!

Nice choices on the upgrades EightOhFiveFiST
Haha And I said I wasn't going to void the warranty, but here I am... About to void my warranty

OP
E
Thread Starter #24
I'm going to go in an entirely different direction:

Coilovers: $1000
4x100 conversion: $200 (in tooling and studs)
6UL 17x8 + nuts: $1000
Used Cobb AP: $400
Pearce Motorsports 2-Point Lower Brace: $100

Check out the Fast Ford's article on light weight wheels on an earlier model FiST; the performance increase of lighter wheels is one of the best price/performance modification you can make. The Cobb AP is a great deal, even if you just start out with the OTS tunes for now. Coilovers improve ride significantly and the brace really helps turn in.

Alternatively you could stay 4x108 and use the TD 1.2's as they did in the Fast Fords article and spend the $200 on a tune, instead (and get FFS). Having said that, I love my 6ULs.

Keep in mind that I'm an autocrosser, have a race car for HPDEs, have never seen a strip, and don't street race, so you might be looking for something completely different from your FiST.
Good way to go, that's what I plan for my next set of mods. I'm going to focus on the wheels/tires and suspension as my goal for this car is to make it a Canyon Carving beast. I just love driving our canyon roads here in socal and since I work a shit ton of hours it's more realistic for me to do a quick canyon run than hit a track or whatever. Also I want to keep this as my daily since I drive a lot for work :)