Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

$2800 to spend

I got around $2800 to spend on performance mods for my new stock FiST. I can go with a stage 3 kit from either Mountune or Cobb for around that money. Keeping the warranty isn't a concern to me. Is there a cheaper alternative where I can get to stage 3 cheaper or maybe even more performance for the $2800?

Any advice? Thanks :)

TempeST

Accessport
Intercooler (a good one)
Protune
Other parts of your choice
Tons of options out there but I feel these are the most beneficial.

Depo DP: $180
Depo IC: $330
Cobb Air Filter: $40
Cobb AP: $500
Protune: ~$200
Used X37: $~1,100
Tires + RMM: $500

Total: About $2,800.

I feel like that is the best "performance gain" mods you can get for the money that that will net you about 300 crank HP on E30. Otherwise, you could switch out the X37 for brake pads + fluid, and some BC racing coilovers and still be mostly on budget.

as a mountune 215 then 230 owner, finally a x37 > skip all the bs, get the race cooler, the crash bar and the x37/47.,,,,

OP
E
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for all the suggestions. Now I got some reaserch to do on some of these products. I really like dead hooks race IC + crash bar, it really seems like a great value for the price.

If you're interested in our race intercooler kit and wanting some more power than stage 3, a good bang for your buck is our ST280 turbo package. You can add the race intercooler kit to the package and save a few bucks on it. Plus the turbo kit includes a protune. All for about $2800. Just a thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be selling my Cobb intercooler and hard pipes soon for a good price because I went with the dhm crash bar and race intercooler. Depending on which route you wanna go you might be able to buy a lot of good condition used parts. Or go big and go all new stuff from dhm.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
If you're interested in our race intercooler kit and wanting some more power than stage 3, a good bang for your buck is our ST280 turbo package. You can add the race intercooler kit to the package and save a few bucks on it. Plus the turbo kit includes a protune. All for about $2800. Just a thought!

Told myself I wasn't gonna mod the Fist past a few bolt ons since the Evo is plenty fast but this is tempting.

Zormecteon

Quick Shift Kit and RMM. Put all the rest into buying track time/driving school. You'll wind up selling the car eventually and never get your money back, but if you invest in YOURSELF, the knowledge and experience gained. will be with you forever.

My 2?

OP
E
Thread Starter #12

Sounds like a good goal for the future. I decided for now I want to go stage 3 for a bit and enjoy the car until I get bored then I will go with a turbo upgrade later on :)
Definitely considering your IC + Crash bar though that way it's ready

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Sounds like a good goal for the future. I decided for now I want to go stage 3 for a bit and enjoy the car until I get bored then I will go with a turbo upgrade later on :)
Definitely considering your IC + Crash bar though that way it's ready
Don't get caught up too much in the "stages" unless you're planning on sticking with the Cobb OTS files for a little bit. DHM has a nice package with all the necessities for a stock turbo car...comes with a tune as well. Filling up the cart, it's about $1500 for the stock replacement intercooler, downpipe, tune, high flow filter and an AP. http://deadhookmotorsports.com/Fiesta-ST/Fiesta-ST-upgrade-packages/DHM-Stage-2-Plus-Fiesta

SFP

I ended up going with Cobb AccessPort, DHM Downpipe, DHM IC, DHM Cobb Protune, MBRP Catback Exhaust XP, Cobb Drop in filter, Cobb RMM, Sound symposer delete, Mountune Springs... Thanks guys
That should get you some nice gains, this car has a lot of potential and you will be happy for a little bit at that power level.

I said I wouldn't mod mine much at the start either lol

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
That should get you some nice gains, this car has a lot of potential and you will be happy for a little bit at that power level.

I said I wouldn't mod mine much at the start either lol
Oh man... I said it was gonna stay 'stock' but my mod itch was just too much and I had to scratch. Still love this car so no regrats!

Nice choices on the upgrades EightOhFiveFiST

Ford Community Posts