Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Future '16 FiST owner

Howdy y'all! I'm looking to pick up a new '16 FiST within the next week or so... I test drove one, and fell in love! Can anyone give me some input on the reliability of these fun little pocket rockets? Thanks y'all!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Welcome! Reliability is pretty good from what I've experienced (I drive my car hard) and from what I've read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Welcome from another new '16 owner. The outlook is good, the cars have been quite reliable. Three things in particular make me feel good about it-

1- Our engines are used almost stock in Formula Ford. Here's a thread I started about it-
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...gine-Used-In-Formula-Ford-Racing-Almost-Stock
2- The cars have stood up well to having the crap driven out of them at Ford's octane academy.
3- One member has reported over 175k trouble-free miles on his.

Enjoy.

OP
Ragincajin89
Thread Starter #10
Picked up a '16 white platinum with 8 miles on it this evening. Whudduup fam?!? How do I post a pic? Hahaha

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Between 0k & 4k (currently <9k) issues I've noticed so far:
1) Water leak from unknown source. The evidence is the inside windows fogging up after rain. Doesn't matter whether it is driven or not. It is *not* the sunroof. The top-corner door trim between front and rear doors is deformed. That may or may not be the source.
2) Loud engagement noise from transmission/mount/axle shaft.
3) The windows can be a little slow to roll up which doesn't leave me much confidence for the long-term. But I've never run across a report of window failure in these forums since posting here.
4) One of my rotors has a Saturn ring in it.

I drive it when the opportunity presents but not at all crazy with it. I never launch it, rarely hit 4k RPM and prefer to accelerate fast while keeping the RPMs on the lower side.

for really dilapidated streets, higher pressures will help protect the wheels from craters. But you still should avoid them.

Have about 7800 miles on my little beast with absolutely no issues. I had the time to do the Break-in 101 thing (it's posted somewhere on this site I think) - changed the oil early (100 miles) then at ~750 (to get the metal particles out); varied the RPMs in each gear (from 1800 up to 2500) for the first 1500 or so miles, etc. Don't know if it helped, but it sure didn't hurt and like I said - no problems; getting about 33 mpg with ~65% fairly aggressive freeway driving. It's a weekend warrior so it doesn't have a lot of the stop and go driving of a daily commuter car here in Big D. Love the car and plan to keep it for a long time...and I have a history of that - still have my 1994 Ford Ranger that I bought new when I was in college... it's an uncommon plum color w/ a manual trans - my mechanic keeps pestering me to buy it, but it's still great for hauling my mountain bike, etc.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
5) I'm 150lbs after Thanks Giving and my driver seat creaks when getting in/out.

That started probably roughly 3k ago.

LILIKE16ST

Congrats on the purchase and based on what I've read reliability is pretty good on these cars I've logged just over 21k since early April on mine and I've been tuned with livernois motorsports since 2800 miles and I've had 0 issues thus far it's been a great cAr I drive mine daily and rack up miles obviously lol