Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Project Fast and FiSTed

2016 Ford Fiesta ST to Start out. Had a 2015 Tuxedo but unfortunately got rear ended back in May and lost that car, months later after rehabbing back into work and wanting my car I deserve back I bought a 2016 ST. My 15 had 89,000 miles when totaled and only thing that went bad on it was a Mirror switch the switch knob popped out and the connector broke somehow. Covered by warranty. Bought new set of tires at 40,000 miles bought Falken all Seasons after factory tires went bad. Replaced Front pads and Rotors at 65,000. Car went well all the time not a single issue Rain, Shine, Snow, Ice nothing was stopping this little beast.

2016 ST. Currently 10,000 miles. Bought new $23,000 with 0% for 52 months.

Already knowing what potential this car had I'm going to mod it to hell and back, eventually will be my drag car.

From Dealership Shop still wrapped in protective plastic.

A wrecked FiST Just to make you cringe and have nightmares

Last edited:
Whats up! Thats a nice FiST you got there. I seen a black fiesta once and was in love with that color on it. It looks so clean. And also I'm on stage 3 right now and its pretty quick. But about the only thing to do next is a big turbo. Also you got a deal with that 0% interest. Wish I could have got that, Got mine used so of course had to settle with crazy interest rate. Also I will definitely say that pumaspeed.com and DHM have tons and tons of parts for the car that will work great for making your drag FiST.

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Mod #1

First mod or say must have after 5 days of owning the car and 350 miles the snow storm came and let me say the factory Bridgestone Potenza RE050A absolutely suck in just a tiny bit of snow. I live up here new Seven Springs PA where the weather can get a bit rough and bought my car late in the year. The tires just would not hook up I was getting a lousy 28.5 mpg. Something had to be done. I went online to Tire Rack and saw they had a perfect package for the FiST. A set of 4 wheels and tires.

Steel black 15" 15x6 offset 47.5mm
Mounted and Balanced before delivery to:
Michelin X-Ice Xi3's 195/55R15 89H XL
Total: $648-$70 Mail in Rebate

Package came that Thursday morning 11am 2 days after ordered. After 18 degrees of snow and ice that morning bought some Kerosene for the heater. Took off factory nice black wheels stored them till Spring

Same day of install

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
Mod #2

This mod actually came before the wheels and tires but waited to install.

My review on Boomba's website:

Amazing First Mod 5 Star Review
Posted by Shane on 17th Dec 2016

This BOV adapter will turn heads even if your FiSTa is bone stock, Shipping was nice and quick! Built very good and strong. I don't have small hands so the install is a bit tricky but nothing to get upset about, make sure to use a Ratchet if you don't have small hands with proper extension. The 5mm extension from Lowes was $5.99. Love this little device and since the Fiesta Boosts fast it makes the Pshht sound with little to no beating on the car! PERFECTION

Total $65.00

Got mine in Red [thumb]

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
Mod #3

Tint! Tint! Tint!

Luckily I live close to an amazing Tint shop called Blackout Tinting
Got my Reservation on January 5th and Job was completed in about 3 hours
Since I know nothing about installing tint just pay a shop to do it

Total: $379.99

3M Film 5% on all back windows. The Hatch the back 2 doors and small triangles.
14% Front two windows including the small ones by the mirrors not bad to see out of during daylight. Bit dark at night especially in the rain and fog.
5% Sun strip across the windshield

Another Snowy day!!!

OP
T
Thread Starter #6
Mod #4 (Boomba Sticker as well)

LaminX Yellow overlays

Bought these on FSWerks website and thought aye I'll try them out. Came in a small envelop. Install took about 10 minutes, the adhesive is alright and went on pretty easily. Did NOT remove the fog light so I suggest a light spray onto the LaminX to move it around a bit. For a guide there is a small opening at the bottom of the fog light which I used to slip it in there onto the light. Used window cleaner to clean the light and dried before installing. Hopefully they don't burn like I read on here Guess time will tell from here.

Overall: Quality is good and seems strong edges seem the most problematic witht these only because I'm afraid it will peal away over time.

Total: $14.99 plus tax

Did notice some fuzziness to the film up close but far away look great! At night looks amazing and super yellow. Cheap easy mod!

Boomba Sticker!

OP
T
Thread Starter #7
Mod #5 (Coming Soon) Ordered 1/14/17

MBRP Pro 304SS 3" Catback Exhaust with the muffler delete.

Total: $536.92 (Great deal thanks to 2J-Racing)
SawZaw 5pack blades $10.99

Did a long time research on the perfect exhaust and this one had me won. I did also like the MRT one but a little out of the price range and a little to loud for my liking.

Preparation

I like what you're doing here. I've been eye-balling the black steel rims for my winter setup. Can you guestimate the weight compared to stock? Unless you are that thorough and weighed them, I'd be happy to accept that answer as well [biggrin]

Also, when you say "MBRP Muffler delete" are you actually removing the muffler that comes with that system?

OP
T
Thread Starter #9
I like what you're doing here. I've been eye-balling the black steel rims for my winter setup. Can you guestimate the weight compared to stock? Unless you are that thorough and weighed them, I'd be happy to accept that answer as well [biggrin]

Also, when you say "MBRP Muffler delete" are you actually removing the muffler that comes with that system?
The Steel wheels itself are about 18lbs. And the MBRP comes without a muffler I'm referring to what the stock one is the factory exhaust is ugly and the muffler is huge! MBRP uses a resonator still unlike Cobb or some others which I think you want to keep the resonator. It's the only true 3" piping dual tip exhaust on the market, and if you ever go bigger turbo you'll need this. Otherwise if just going full bolt one go 2.5" there are plenty. This system really lets you hear the turbo which I love and comes in 3 types for your price range. I suggest the 409SS I got 304SS because I like shiny things :) buy from 2JRacing best price in the world

OP
T
Thread Starter #10

The Steel wheels itself are about 18lbs. And the MBRP comes without a muffler I'm referring to what the stock one is the factory exhaust is ugly and the muffler is huge! MBRP uses a resonator still unlike Cobb or some others which I think you want to keep the resonator. It's the only true 3" piping dual tip exhaust on the market, and if you ever go bigger turbo you'll need this. Otherwise if just going full bolt one go 2.5" there are plenty. This system really lets you hear the turbo which I love and comes in 3 types for your price range. I suggest the 409SS I got 304SS because I like shiny things :) buy from 2JRacing best price in the world

Mod #1

First mod or say must have after 5 days of owning the car and 350 miles the snow storm came and let me say the factory Bridgestone Potenza RE050A absolutely suck in just a tiny bit of snow.

I learned this the hard way only a month into owning my FiST. First light snow here in Michigan last year and we lost power. Wife and I decided to go out and get something to eat while we waited and thought we'd take the FiST just to "see how it handles". I'd been planning on getting all seasons but had put it off to this point, definitely a mistake. We gave up pretty fast and turned around to grab the other car. Last turn in onto our street and the car just starts sliding, nothing I do corrects its path or stops it. Finally stopped when I hit the rocks they have stupidly piled up on either side of the street. Thankfully I only had to pay the $500 deductible.

A wrecked FiST Just to make you cringe and have nightmares

What the hell hit you? This?

OP
T
Thread Starter #12
I learned this the hard way only a month into owning my FiST. First light snow here in Michigan last year and we lost power. Wife and I decided to go out and get something to eat while we waited and thought we'd take the FiST just to "see how it handles". I'd been planning on getting all seasons but had put it off to this point, definitely a mistake. We gave up pretty fast and turned around to grab the other car. Last turn in onto our street and the car just starts sliding, nothing I do corrects its path or stops it. Finally stopped when I hit the rocks they have stupidly piled up on either side of the street. Thankfully I only had to pay the $500 deductible.

What the hell hit you? This?
Haha I wish! But nah an F250 going 60mph guy was on his cell phone burnt my arm real bad from the jet fuel air bag, and torn Achilles

OP
T
Thread Starter #14
Wow. Glad you are ok. Were there any lasting effects from it? or did you make a full recovery?
Been pretty good car is definitely safe. My Achilles was my fault had my foot on the brake got hit and my foot was lodged behind the clutch then hit the car in front of me and just straight ripped my Achilles down by the foot so pain was bad but walking fine now road a bike for months.

OP
T
Thread Starter #15
Mod #6 ordered 1/18/17

Cobb Rear Motor Mount

Been doing some research on this one and liked what I hear and see by the number of reviews and amount of people buying this product, I decided to get it early and not the first mod but it should be if you're going all for performance first.

Price: $164.30

Last edited:
OP
T
Thread Starter #16
Look what came today looks great nice heavy weight to it and feels amazing in hand

Looky

OP
T
Thread Starter #17
Stock Mount

Cobb: Took 25 minutes to install this using a Jack and Jack Stands. Very simple and easy to install everything came out nice and the Cobb Mount is built excellent barely felt NVH at all, Sometimes I can feel it, but about 90% of the time can't even tell its there, This mount is amazing now from 1st to 2nd nice and fast shifts now, tiny bit of wheel spin in first but the torque steer is completely gone on the stock FiST.

Will be for sale

OP
T
Thread Starter #18
Look what came today its my MBRP 304 SS 3" Exhaust

Installing this weekend possibly!

OP
T
Thread Starter #19
Mod #7 Genuine Ford 2016 Carbon Fiber Shift knob with ST logo.

Price: $89.95

I liked the Lathe Werks knobs and was close to buying one but this one has been on my mind and I always liked it a little more.
Feels Great in Hand little more weighted than the stock one, Looks good with the Black Car and adds a nice touch to the interior already got complitments

Bought on Ebay!

OP
T
Thread Starter #20
MBRP Exhaust installed today, finally got some time off to get it done. Took about 40 minutes. Cut the old one off and stored the old hangers, probably take it for scrap rather than fix it. Car now sounds amazing deep and throtty! Some drone above 50mph but not annoying if listening to music. No rattles or bad vibrations. Nice barbles when slowing town and some pops if its cold out like today. Easy completion and with it being the 304SS Pro edition looks good the entire installation. The dips sit flush with the bumper line! 10/10 MBRP! [like]