Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Project Fast and FiSTed

OP
T
Thread Starter #62
Well People haven't posted in a good while since I ran into legal trouble and all that life stuff, Changing jobs and moving to a new home and what not. But all in all I haven't forgot about modding the fiesta so here it is for me again

Well took 2 hours to get the stock downpipe off with my shops lift and installed a Depo Downpipe, I also bought a 2JR Defouler so it won't throw a Code! I should of took more Pictures of the installing process and the car being on a lift but here is the stock downpipe in the box the Depo one came in. The heat shield is there and the downpipe bracket that connected to the Cobb RMM is all in the box!

Cost: $179.99 + $17.99 for Defouler

Let me start by saying the heat shield was the biggest pain in the ass I've encountered on a stock car! I had to rip that thing out with some force. [strongman] To get the downpipe out had to flip it completely upside down from underneath the car. Followed the Youtube videos in a way except taking out the cowl and all that other crap. Easy enough for me!

OP
T
Thread Starter #63
Also got these Charge Pipes from Depo and Waiting to install they seem really well made and the silicon is also really well made. If you're on a budget and don't want to pay for name brand stuff please buy from Depo!
His stuff ships very fast and is quick to reply to any questions you may have. Props to Depo!

*Also ordered an Intercooler off of Whoosh Motorsports from Ron! Powdered coated Black and used his discount code, Also can't beat his prices and the size of the intercooler is the 2nd best one you can get on the market other than DeadHooks Race Intercooler with Crash Bar! He too is awesome to talk to and can't wait to order more from him!

Cost: $199.99

This car is gonna be completely murdered out! Some flashes of Red here and there but for the most part it will be black on black.

OP
T
Thread Starter #64
Well heres my final step. I have everything done to the car except an accessport. I know I'm a dummy for not getting one first mod but I have. Catless Downpipe (Depo), Exhaust (MBRP), Intercooler and Charge Pipes (Depo), Just a drop in Filter, Cobb RMM. All I need is the Tune I'm asssuming it would be a stage 3 tune. Should I go Randy @ Mountune tune pro tune for free with the purchase of the AP. or Who else should I go with ? I want max HP Possible and to be able to beat the douche bag WRX's I have to put up with Daily!!!

I've researched a lot of the tuners and can't decide on whats the best route. Eventually I'll go bigger turbo when I owe less on the car since I financed it. 0% Ford Credit whoop!

Check out my build thread as well. Just my racing thoughts can't help me decide what to go with? Thanks Peeps

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I believe that Stratified also has a tune installed deal with the purchase of an AP, but I'm not sure it is a PRO tune, or their canned 'flash' tune. [dunno]

IF you get a MAXED OUT 93 E30 pro tune, combined with all of your present mods, AND strip ~250 lbs. off of the weight, you might be able to take those "DB" ricers, from a roll at least IF they are close to stock (GOOD LUCK on that last point-lol).

But this would put you at the ragged edge of reliability, not to mention the loss of driving privileges, possible harm to innocents, and maybe even JAIL TIME depending on your jurisdiction's laws concerning street racing.
Are those ricetards REALLY worth all of that?!

OP
T
Thread Starter #66
Well got the intercooler in the mail from Ron [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION]. Came in powder coated black and was shipped right from the Uk.

28 x 6 x 3

Price: $362

This Intercooler is really well built and looked awesome. Took 2 hours to install it also got the charge pipes installed from Depo. With the Newly Bought Cobb Accessport I was seeing +2 Degrees above Ambient early in the morning and at night. During the Hot Summer days I only saw a max of +8 Degrees above Ambient and that was sitting in Traffic and driving more than 6 hours for the busy day!

OP
T
Thread Starter #67
Been pretty active on the Mods since everything is back on track for me

Decided to hold off on an intake and just get a drop in since my FiST is a 2016 and has the added pain in the ass Check Valve.

Also From Ron [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION]

Price: $46.75

OP
T
Thread Starter #68
Since the MBRP Exhaust Hangers have worn out after 6 months and the rear of the exhaust likes to bounce off the subframe everytime I hit a bump and the back wheels lift up. I bought a 3 pack of Torque Solutions from Ron [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION]

Price $35.00

They work just as good as the Cobb ones and made of Polyurethane and do not flex under tension or by hand.

OP
T
Thread Starter #69
To top off everything I have done and the car is ready for a Stage 3 Tune I went with Stratified Auto Motive. Purchased the Accessport from them as well and got it in about 3 days all the way from British Colombia!

They answered all the questions I had about their tune and what to choose for my liking and Mods!

Fiesta ST COBB Accessport V3 With Stratified Flash Tune (FiST_FT_AP_Package)
Turbo and WMI setup: Stock Turbo (OEM fuel system, OEM motor)
Fuel Configuration(SWITCHABLE): SINGLE COMBO FILE – 91 or 93 (slot 1) & E30 Mix (slot 2)
STuned Crackles(NON-SWITCHABLE): Loud
STuned Traction Control: Yes - ON BY DEFAULT
Datalog Refinement: No, I do not need my tune refined any further
Include 'STuned' Sticker: Yes Please

Price $605

Also got the E30 tune from them and is in Slot 2. The crackles are a little loud for my exhaust setup the backfires and loud bangs are absolutely brutal and will scare anyone around you. It was most loud when letting off the accelerator in 2nd or 3rd gear. Sounded like fireworks a few times and would not recommend if cops are around or behind you to be beating on it.

Took a picture of my Guage setup and used all 6 options: Boost Pressure, Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, Charge Temp, Intake Temp, and the Slot I was currently using.
This Picture shown below is when I was running the Cobb Stage 3 OTS map. The car felt Stock from takeoff but once the boost built up you could feel the turbo really start to Spool.

I used this Tune for about 2 days until I received the Tune from Stratified! I Downloaded their file easily and installed it onto the Accessport. Flashed the car and the changes are Night and Day better than the OTS map. 1st and 2nd gear are actually useful now and the boost is instant in First and you take off so much faster. The boost is plentyful and I was seeing close to 27.5 with my current Mods!

Next time the tank is near empty I will take the time to travel 20 minutes to fill up on E30 and will post the results!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well got the intercooler in the mail from Ron [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION]. Came in powder coated black and was shipped right from the Uk.

28 x 6 x 3

Price: $362

This Intercooler is really well built and looked awesome. Took 2 hours to install it also got the charge pipes installed from Depo. With the Newly Bought Cobb Accessport I was seeing +2 Degrees above Ambient early in the morning and at night. During the Hot Summer days I only saw a max of +8 Degrees above Ambient and that was sitting in Traffic and driving more than 6 hours for the busy day!

Is that our illustrious state DOT's salt soup caked/baked onto your factory charge hoses/pipes? [mad]

LOVE the black IC, wish cp-e gave us that option with heat shedding ceramic coating. [:(]