Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Budget BBK?

Sorry if this has been asked(did a quick search with no results). Has anyone come up with a BBK for this chassis from other stock ford(or other OEM) parts?

Coming from the Dodge and Honda worlds, these were commonplace. I had a set of PT Cruiser calipers on my 98 R/T neon. And I had a set of the OEM Acura TL-S Brembos on my 07 Civic SI.

Anyone here fool around with something of this sort? Like trying to make some other set of OEM 4-pot calipers work on the front of these?

Just trying to flush out ideas before I head down roads that have already seen roadblocks.

Thanks!

There's a few threads about the use of the 300mm setup from a Focus SVT. A couple of vendors sell the required calliper fittings.

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
There's a few threads about the use of the 300mm setup from a Focus SVT. A couple of vendors sell the required calliper fittings.
IIRC, that's for the rear.

Anything for the front? I was looking at mk1 focus rs calipers, cobalt ss/tc, mazda fc rx-7, and a few others, thinking with a simple bracket, they might work on our cars....

OP
A
Thread Starter #6
brackets wont be to hard make, but what rotors to use?
Rotors would be the trick. It would either mean buying a bunch of other 4x108 options over the shelf(from autozone, advanced, oreileys, etc) and test fitting what would work with the calipers, OR going custom with some sort of aluminum hat and iron rotor from somewhere like coleman or the like.

I'll probably start measuring stuff up here over the winter to see where things land, but most of the R&D will be happening when the snow thaws here. What am I talking about, there's almost no snow here anymore, and I'm in Wisconsin! Lol

I'm thinking of something common in the states, like the RX-7 or a 300ZX caliper, then finding out what needs to be done to make it fit. I currently have the stock wheels, and some 16" Sparco Asetto Garas, So anything I make up, will definitely fit under these. If people want to send me wheels to help figure out what else fits, I'm always game for free wheels. ;)

Sub'd. I agree with you [MENTION=6424]awwwww_shift[/MENTION] that a custom caliper bracket is usually all that is needed to fit a different caliper. I know what calipers I want, and I am in a machine shop so it's not too bad to fab something up here. Like you as well, I am interested in a two-piece rotor. Anyone make two-piece rotors for us? [wave]

OP
A
Thread Starter #8
Sub'd. I agree with you [MENTION=6424]awwwww_shift[/MENTION] that a custom caliper bracket is usually all that is needed to fit a different caliper. I know what calipers I want, and I am in a machine shop so it's not too bad to fab something up here. Like you as well, I am interested in a two-piece rotor. Anyone make two-piece rotors for us? [wave]
Nobody does an off the shelf option for us, that i know of(and trust me, i've been searching.... lol) Looking at getting some quotes for Coleman Racing hats and floating rotors. Probably a little spendy for most on here, but when you can easily shave a few lbs per corner just in these, it's more than likely worth it.

Also, it may be easy to get the center hats made universal, and a few rotor ring options for stock caliper guys(street autox or people that want to keep OE calipers but lose weight) and then a smaller option with whatever calipers, for those of us who are crazy enough to bolt a set of 4-pots on.

Subbed. In the VW world you can literally bolt on any caliper from any VW/Audi/Porsche without issue. Everything was plug and play past like 2010. I miss that. For the Miata there's just 1 million cheap BBK's so OEM options aren't really needed, but it would be great to find something for this platform.

Lots of guys in the UK bolting ST callipers and front disc brake onto their Zetec S's. While the drive shafts are different the knuckles must have similar dimensions.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Nobody does an off the shelf option for us, that i know of(and trust me, i've been searching.... lol) Looking at getting some quotes for Coleman Racing hats and floating rotors. Probably a little spendy for most on here, but when you can easily shave a few lbs per corner just in these, it's more than likely worth it.

Also, it may be easy to get the center hats made universal, and a few rotor ring options for stock caliper guys(street autox or people that want to keep OE calipers but lose weight) and then a smaller option with whatever calipers, for those of us who are crazy enough to bolt a set of 4-pots on.
Afco is yet another somewhat affordable choice IF something they make will fit/work. [wink]

I know that in the 4th gen f body world, some were even adapting the fixed, front P-car 993 calipers, and their less costly than Porsche OEM, aftermarket rotors for road course use.