Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Poll: How many have blown a FiST engine?

How many have blown a FiST engine?

• Yes, I have blown my engine

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • No, I haven't blown my engine...yet

Votes: 313 94.6%

• Total voters

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
This is just for information purposes only. There seems to be a lot of false information being spread in the fiesta community.

Simple poll, either yes or no. If you would like to elaborate by filling us in on why the motor blew, who was tuning it, how much horsepower you were making, that would be helpful..

For me, the answer is no. I'm tuned by Deadhook, currently making 380whp +/- a few HP. Car runs great.

***i don't know how to set up a poll, can a mod or admin please make two options. Yes and no. Thanks ***

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Yes.... sort of's.

#1 cylinder head cracked. Garbage ford cylinder head casting.
#2 blown head gasket. Totally my fault. Tuned to 360whp on meth and pump gas, then tried to do a pump gas tune, but keep over 315whp and.... it was a bad idea. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete

Yes.
45,500 miles Stock turbo tuned on e30 by Tune + till 44,000 miles swapped in x37 on 91 and e30 tuned by Tune+ a week before I started tuning on 100 octane with DHM my engine had a misfire and wrench thrown. Turned car off started back up light went away and no more misfires (this should have been my first clue) started tuning with DHM and on the third revision the engine was toast. I don't blame any tuner but more the abuse that I put my engine through with all the tracking and mountain runs. Cracked cylinder three piston with making a Max of 280hp on e30 with tune + the DHM tune never got a chance to get above 260hp

My memory might not serve me right, but didn't [MENTION=3615]Pat B.[/MENTION] blow his motor recently. Stock turbo?
Unfortunately it did blow. But I swear it was from the fire. When I pulled over cause it overheated the electrical harness had caught fire. It melted a sensor on the engine that I'm pretty sure is responsible for the detonation that occurred. I was e30 stock downpipe, stock turbo, cobb stage 2w/ cat back. Tune+

AzNightmare

Unfortunately it did blow. But I swear it was from the fire. When I pulled over cause it overheated the electrical harness had caught fire. It melted a sensor on the engine that I'm pretty sure is responsible for the detonation that occurred. I was e30 stock downpipe, stock turbo, cobb stage 2w/ cat back. Tune+
I don't really want to derail this thread, or maybe this is on topic. But please tell me more, or is there a thread about this?

I don't really want to derail this thread, or maybe this is on topic. But please tell me more, or is there a thread about this?
I'll post all info about it in my build thread when I pull the motor in a few weeks. Here's the harness and plug that I pulled a few weeks ago.
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]

Following this thread as I am 27k miles into ownership and very interested what is the main reason our little engines decide to blow.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
At 8k. Stock turbo only mod ap with Randy tune and colder denso's. Noticed coolant dropping took to dealer pressure tested fine. Started hard attributed that to plugs than started smelling coolant out the exhaust. Pulled the plugs and saw coolant in #3 cylinder. Back to dealer and they replaced engine. Other than a clutch disengagement problem shortly after. More than likely from re install job . I'm at 27k with strat tune and no problems. I had 3 adjustments from Randy. When time limit was up communications stopped.

As a related question, how many have blown a transmission? Getrag rates the transmission at 280Nm, which is only barely above stock. Throwing on a stiffer RMM and upping torque seems like it would cause problems.

Rhinopolis

For those that blew your motors on stock turbo, I wonder if there might have been a common component involved in these engines that failed?

One of the monitors that I have started to focus in on since adding the X37 is my recorded AFR's at WOT 2500 through redline. If the engine is ran too lean along with a high recorded knock count, then you risk bending a rod or other damage.

I didn't notice lean conditions until I installed a 2JR w/out also properly adjusting my tune. This was dumb on my part, and I am lucky that that I didn't damage my engine. I only ran it like that once, but the knock and lean AFR's that I recorded were enough to have caused damage. Thank you car gods, and if I would I have continued driving it like that who knows how long it would have lasted?

PS: Knowing what to monitor (as well as having a basic understanding of what your readings mean) and checking your car periodically via the Cobb AP is a tremendous help to protecting the long term enjoyment of your car.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I pretty sure there are a few people making high 300's hp on completely stock drivetrains without issues
There is more than a few lol but we are looking to find the ones that have not lived and with what mods

Russ

Ford Community Posts