Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Poll: How many have blown a FiST engine?

How many have blown a FiST engine?

• Yes, I have blown my engine

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • No, I haven't blown my engine...yet

Votes: 313 94.6%

• Total voters
So blown motors happen I've came to accept that. Every platform blows a few. My question is what's the cost to replace the motor? If you DIY? If you pay someone? And are there and abundance of quality used motors or what's a new one cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tdoc51

sooo I just bought a 2014 motor for my motor build project with turbo out of a wrecked car 900$ + 300$ core has 112k on it which didn't bother me cause its coming apart anyway, I work at a dealer so I get a pretty good deal from a second source.

Yeah in 5th gear if i would get on it too much without going wot it would go into limp mode
Not a motor issue. That'd be a fuel pressure issue. Happens on most direct injection cars when you step on the gas too deeply when in too high of a gear (like trying to do a 30 roll in 5th or 6th gear).

Happens to our cars and, more notably, the Bimmer folks.

Didn't you have an aftermarket radiator in your car? I'm trying to look into everything I can to increase the longevity of the engine...besides avoiding the track [driving]
My car really needs to last two more track seasons as you can't ship a car from Germany unless it has its original engine. What did you think about aftermarket cooling? Any data?
Get both an oil cooler and radiator. Oil deals with most of the heat. If your oil is cooler, the water doesn't work as hard.

You can also drive up and down the pits if you need more cool-down time. That helps to save brakes too.

Get both an oil cooler and radiator. Oil deals with most of the heat. If your oil is cooler, the water doesn't work as hard.
The prices are just so steep. I'll probably order the thermostat soon then do radiator. Luckily the track I normally run doesn't really go below third gear so we have a lot of air flowing through the whole time. Plus we're about as far north as Canada so it doesn't get too hot here.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Did you guys that blew motors have 2014-15 cars that might've had the defective head?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I blowed my engine after modifying it.
I blowed it again redlining at a stand still for several minutes.
I blowed it a third time letting it run somewhat "low" on coolant.
Ford give me hard time try to collect on warranty.

You are def not the first person to see this happen. A friend of mine did this identical situation and his car is now at DHM getting an engine. Original cyborg turbo tuned. Added the 2J race intake without updating the tune. And before he knew what happened, it needed a piston.

So don't think your alone.

Also highlights the POWA of the 2J race intake, lol
That would be me...[B)]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I blowed my engine after modifying it.
I blowed it again redlining at a stand still for several minutes.
I blowed it a third time letting it run somewhat "low" on coolant.
Ford give me hard time try to collect on warranty.
I wonder why Ford gave you a hard time?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I believe that he is razzing/mocking/dissing those who do those things, and probably should have included a /s, or "sarcasm off" at the end of the post. ;)

We had a '15 in last week popping out of second. It had intake, exhaust, some kind of loud (annoying) blow off valve and a pretty aggressive tune.

It was popping out because one of the forks was slightly worn, the car ran great though... it had 90,000 (probably hard) miles on it.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
COOL! Way to rip one up, really, very cool blown engine!

Still on stock internals or built?

Boost level, WHP, miles on engine, etc???

We know you have been having a lot of fun with high power for quite some time now so blowing an engine kind of has to be expected eventually:)

Ford Community Posts