Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J Racing intercooler

Hey everyone! I've come acrosss what seems like a great deal on a 2J intercooler for my st. I've done a good bit of research, and have found some less than stellar reviews. Things like poor welds, poor performance, or just all around dissatisfaction. My question is for anyone who has run this intercooler, will it work just as good or possibly better than the Cobb intercooler so I can run stage 2? I don't track my car, I don't abuse it on the highways, I basically just do a few back road pulls and typical spirited driving. If the intercooler looks "ugly" it's not a deal breaker, but the last thing I want is to hurt my car. Thanks everyone!

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think that the showstopper was that it just wasn't fitting properly - it hit the crash bar. 2J has been trying to dump those things for at least a couple of months.

I just installed one, it was a piece of cake. I did loosen the crossmember to get things were i wanted but everything fit fine. I read all the negative comments too but for under $500 for an intercooler and downpipe it was too good to pass up.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I know everyone always goes cheap cheap first but stating that you can buy the BEST OEM location intercooler from me for $560 shipped
cp-e

it's $590 on my site with FREE shipping then use my ALWAYS available forum discount code (FIST5) for 5% off anything takes you to $560

just sayin'[wiggle]

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
I know everyone always goes cheap cheap first but stating that you can buy the BEST OEM location intercooler from me for $560 shipped
cp-e

it's $590 on my site with FREE shipping then use my ALWAYS available forum discount code (FIST5) for 5% off anything takes you to $560

just sayin'[wiggle]
Thanks for the heads up Ron! I actually just bought a cp-e rear mount from you last week, and I'm hoping to get it installed this weekend. And for everyone else, thank you for your thoughts!

Bluedrank

cp-e

just sayin'[wiggle]
This is the way to go. I'd stay away from 2j racing. I believe I heard they wanted out of the First market after the drama with this part.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thanks for the heads up Ron! I actually just bought a cp-e rear mount from you last week, and I'm hoping to get it installed this weekend. And for everyone else, thank you for your thoughts!
Anytime - I appreciate that, thank you
Just as an opinion
If you can't go cp-e which obviously I'd suggest, I'd go MTC based on what I've seen between cost and size.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I'd stay away, it's been discussed. The depo/MTC is you best bang for the buck ic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cp-e

just sayin'[wiggle]
Well you may have just changed my mod plans, I may bump up the IC before my CBE.

Psst....psst...Check out levels performance ver2 intercooler. For 500$ it looks really damn good!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk