Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

EightOhFiveFiST's Build

A little backstory... I haven't had a proper sports car since I sold my B5 Audi S4 4 years back, I had so much fun with that car and I do miss it at times but then remember the cost of ownership and I get over it quick. I've been through three S13 240sx's, an Infiniti G35 coupe, a 1976 Datsun 280Z which I regretfully sold, these were my vehicles that I loved and had. For the past few years I drove a 2000 Nissan Xterra it broke and now my other vehicle is my 2014 Nissan Xterra 4x4 which I like to mob out in and take offroading whenever I get some time. Time went by and I realized I missed having a car I can carve the canyons with so I went on the search for a new sport vehicle. I have always been into Japanese cars and have always been a fan of the Subaru WRX STI (I even almost bought one back in 05) so I had my head set on one but I quickly fell off of loving them as they are still using the same engine as they did years past and I want something modern with new tech. I've always been a Ford hater and american makes for that matter, I always thought they were shit quality vehicles and I would never dream of owning one, that is until my dad bought a 2015 Ford F250 Diesel Heavy Duty 4x4 where I started to appreciate the brand more and have respect for their offerings. So I looked into getting a Focus RS and as all of you know they ask for a dealer mark up of at least $7500 (atleast here in Southern California). I went into the dealership intending to put down a $15k deposit for the vehicle that hadn't even been delivered yet, but then I saw the black Fiesta ST and decided to test drive it. I took it for a spin down some back roads in Westlake and I found myself smiling from ear to ear. I went home that night and rethought of what I really wanted out of a car, since this was gonna be my new daily I wanted something economical and fun and the Fiesta ST seemed to fit that bill where I knew the RS would not be economical to own. Yes, the Focus RS is a performance beast but I started to think realistically when am I really going to hit the track and am I really willing to pay close to $50k on a car right now? I went back a week later and bought the Fiesta ST and here I am now after lurking this forum for a couple of months.

So with all that said here is my 2016 Tuxedo Black Fiesta ST that bought December 1st 2016 for $23,250 out the door with 0% interest. I do plan on modding this car so I decided to make my own build thread :)

OP
E
Thread Starter #2
Got some parts in the mail yesterday. My Mountune Springs came in and my Boomba Bov Adapter because I love that Pshhhhht sound :) Boomba was even kind enough to fulfill my special instructions of drawing a
T-Rex on the box. That's when you know they're a legit company, I will be ordering a lot more stuff from them :)

It's raining hard here In SoCal right now so I'll get to installing when it gets dry.

OP
E
Thread Starter #3
I got a little weather window from the rain and got to installing the BOV Adapter. It was quick and easy it only took about 30 minutes time total to do. This thing is loud not too loud but just enough that I scared my cat Ha! Enjoying this piece, thanks again Boomba Racing!

I'm going to wait to install the springs since it's supposed to rain all weekend plus I need to rent a Spring compressor.

I also did this for my first mod on my 2016 it can be pretty loud and got up on a few cars with it and they kinda backed off because they thought I was big turbo, sounds different between each shift but if you time it right it can scare some people with a loud pssht sound. On the highway next to a barrier its insance!

Good Purchase!! [like]

OP
E
Thread Starter #5
Haha yeah, I've had a similar experience with it as well. I've been having fun with it :)

OP
E
Thread Starter #6
My Cobb RMM came in the mail yesterday so I decided to slap it on. Install time was literally about 20 minutes. It definitely feels stiffer when in wot compared to the stock RMM. I got a lot of parts coming in so please stay tuned :)

OP
E
Thread Starter #7
I thought i'd share this, it happend a week ago. I've had my Windows tinted on my FiST for barely a month never got any problems from local law enforcement but of course they have to say something while on the canyons in Mulholland SMH. Looks like the front tint will be coming off then going right back on Lol

jeff

2000 Post Club
Welcome. Nice build, nice color! I admire you for financial and practical savvy in getting the ST over your other choices.

Post a pic of your Z car if you can, I'm a fan....had a '82 280zx and an '84 turbo 300.....wanting to get another (older) one one day for a beater/project....

OP
E
Thread Starter #9
Welcome. Nice build, nice color! I admire you for financial and practical savvy in getting the ST over your other choices.

Post a pic of your Z car if you can, I'm a fan....had a '82 280zx and an '84 turbo 300.....wanting to get another (older) one one day for a beater/project....
Thank you Jeff, here is a few pics of my old Z...

This is when I had 3 car projects at once

OP
E
Thread Starter #10
Doing some work. Getting ready to install the Mountune Springs, Cat back for now since the DP hasn't arrived, getting wheels in the mail tomorrow which I will put on tomorrow as well. I'm going to try to make the ST meet in Los Angeles hopefully I can skip work but I'm not getting my hopes up. Stay tuned...

OP
E
Thread Starter #11
Finally had a chance to work on the car last week. Installed the Mountune springs, Rota Grid Wheels, MBRP cat back, and Cobb Accessport :)

DHM1

1000 Post Club
If any one knows where i can find [MENTION=6932]EightOhFiveFiST[/MENTION] ?? If so please contact Russell @ 248-941-4992 right away.