Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Possible Brake Issues?

Hello everyone!

I think I might have a problem with my stock brakes.

I'm hitting about 23k on the stock pads and rotors, I do light driving from home to work ( about 30 ~ 40 mins ) a day
but i'm not super hard on the brakes, and have not been since day 1.

Today I was looking at my brake pads after driving the car home from work and found one of the wheels to be emitting
a little more heat than the rest, front passengers side to be exact.

The car has seen one winter already, not sure if the caliber is bad or possibly going bad?

The pads on all four look good, the rotors look good too, it's just that one side emits ( not hot ) just luke warm heat from it,
barley warm but more than the rest, I can feel it from the out side of the wheel.

The car also does not pull to one side when braking, not sure if that helps?

I remember with my old Acura before the FiST, every winter would kill a caliber, (random side each time) by about spring,
i'm not really sure if i'm experiencing the same thing or not.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can chime in on this. [twothumb]

OP
Theophilus
Thread Starter #3
If it's not dragging and the pad wear is comparable. I wouldn't worry.
Thanks for taking the time to reply! [like]

Sounds good, around spring I might pull everything apart and see how everything is after winter.

Wouldn't hurt to check and grease the slide pins on the caliper. Is it a front or rear?

I've had my rear parking brake freeze in the winter and not fully release on my 05 Mustang GT.

OP
Theophilus
Thread Starter #5
Wouldn't hurt to check and grease the slide pins on the caliper. Is it a front or rear?

I've had my rear parking brake freeze in the winter and not fully release on my 05 Mustang GT.
Hello Jpalamar, it is the passenger front.

I will definitely have to look into the slide pins, thanks for mentioning that!