Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does anyone care what JD power thinks?

Nope I couldn't care less. I'd rather drive something fun with a lower CR reliability rating than boring soul sucking snooze mobile that's more reliable.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Nope I couldn't care less. I'd rather drive something fun with a lower CR reliability rating than boring soul sucking snooze mobile that's more reliable.
Are our specific cars really any less 'reliable' than the Camrys/Lexi they usually pick anyway (and regardless of what they claim, I still think that they, AND JD Power, are paid off by the Nippon Giant to rate at the top!)?

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Are our specific cars really any less 'reliable' than the Camrys/Lexi they usually pick anyway (and regardless of what they claim, I still think that they, AND JD Power, are paid off by the Nippon Giant to rate at the top!)?
Once again, your crazy is showing.

JD Power loves GMC and Chevy - haven't you seen their shit commercials?

I guess what I was trying to say is CR & JD reliability ratings are more or less worthless. I'm not expecting my ST to be as reliable as a Corolla or Camry nor do I care. I don't plan on keeping it for more than 4 years anyways, I just wanted a fun DD that I could track from time to time. Most people that want a reliable car for traveling from A to B in the most stale and boring way possible automatically buy a Camry, Accord, Corrolla or Civic. On a side note, that new Civic hatch is the most hideous vehicle I've seen in a very long time.

CR actually has positive things to say about the ST in their Spring 2017 New Car Buying Guide: "...the sporty Fiesta ST that is a treat to drive if your kidneys can handle the stiff ride." Also check out their road test video: http://www.consumerreports.org/vide...8726001/ford-fiesta-st-2014-2016-quick-drive/

zanethan

Yeah I don't really care either. Every major automotive magazine/website has nothing but high praise for our little cars. JD power can take a long walk off a short cliff. I think you get a lot in the FiST for the money, especially if you go slightly used.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Reliability is why I went with Ford for a second round. If the Fiesta ST proves otherwise, I'll likely send my money to a different "domestic" manufacturer instead.

I don't keep a car for a mere four or eight years or 200k then piss away money on the next one.

So yes, I very much are about reliability. With the right materials science and engineering plus quality-control, it is very much possible to have your cake and eat it too.

I don't pay too much attention to CR or JD power. If I hear about nightmarish reliability on a car, then yes I'll avoid it. But I haven't heard that from the FiST and my '05 focus ST was at 225k when I sold it and the only major failures were my fault (first car I really owned and didn't understand the concept of an oil change... Woops...) The car even just made a road trip to it's retirement home in Florida. So my experience with the focus was much more of an influence with believing in Ford's reliability.

As for official reviews, C&D is my go to for an opinion from people who value the same things I do in a car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Once again, your crazy is showing.

JD Power loves GMC and Chevy - haven't you seen their shit commercials?
NO MORE "crazy" than those who blindly ONLY buy from Nippon/Korean nameplate manufacturers, because they STILL are brainwashed to think that a U.S. domestic nameplate manufacturer is TOTALLY incapable of building a solid, reliable automobile, when in reality, many are actually BETTER THAN their 'sacred gold standard epitome of perfection'<-[histerical] Camrys/etc. [wink]

I never said that the USDM big three are beyond paying off JDP/CR as well, but until recently, they did not have that Camry/Corolla/Accord/Civic trillion$$ of profit type of coin to do such.

But, this is WHY I don't even listen to their (JDP/CR/etc.) recommendations/'awards' AT ALL, let alone 'with a grain of salt'. [nono]

Zormecteon

Speaking of reviewers who are still stuck in the 1980s, who here believes Consumer Reports? [poke]
I started to disbelieve CR back in '80s when they were doing reviews of stereos. I read Stereo Review about a systems and they would be highly praised for clarity, effeciency, etc, then CR would trash them. The final straw for CR was when they did their hatchet job on the Suzuki Samuri. They had decided that it was unsafe, and after it passed their tests they CHANGED the test! and announced that if failed. They're OK if you want to know about paper towels and such, but tech items..?

JD Power gets their ratings from consumers, so if you want to hate on anyone, hate people who bought Fiestas. Also I'm pretty sure the unreliable Fiesta perception comes from one thing - the transmission in the NON-ST variety; apparently they've had LOTS of issues with it. All that being said, I got my FiST for what I thought was a great deal, and have made it "more unreliable", ie, faster.

JD Power gets their ratings from consumers, so if you want to hate on anyone, hate people who bought Fiestas. Also I'm pretty sure the unreliable Fiesta perception comes from one thing - the transmission in the NON-ST variety; apparently they've had LOTS of issues with it. All that being said, I got my FiST for what I thought was a great deal, and have made it "more unreliable", ie, faster.
Same thing with my old focus. It had very few problems until I thought it was a great idea to take out the balance shaft in a 10 year old car with 210k miles on it. lol

From what I can tell, they are talking about the Fiesta (non-ST). The ST is mentioned as having more power, but that's about it. I guess it's still the same chassis and body, but the "working parts" are all different in the ST than the base model.

And, when you take into consideration all the members of this wonderful forum who are pushing the envelope with their FiSTs and not looking back, I don't get the feeling that this is a car with dissatisfied owners. Of course, there's also the fact that most of us are "enthusiasts" who would rather take care of an issue ourselves than have the dealership touch our baby, so that might skew the numbers in our favor [lovest]

LOL, some people just don't know :) Any one who has driven one and is looking for that type of vehicle would be brain dead not to buy it.

Insert Matt Farah "Fiesta ST would smoke this thing"

So much hate for the Camry lol

I have both a 2016 Camry and a 2016 Fiesta ST. You can probably guess which one I enjoy driving more for fun. That being said I'd be willing to bet the Camry will last 100k miles longer but only time will tell...although there is no doubt in my mind that my ST will make it to 100k miles even with the turbo upgrade and tune I'm running. I track my car occasionally and I plan to do it more often this track season. After seeing the fiesta STs up at the nurburgring with 60k+ km of nearly all track miles on them my mind is pretty at ease about the reliability of them. Marcel (Dr. Pruttleklutt on the forum) took me for a lap around the Nordschleife last year in his ST (2014 I believe). His is at 70,000km of almost exclusive track use. He daily drives an older baseline fiesta and only keeps a seasonal registration for his ST. His car runs just as smoothly as mine and he's still on original engine and clutch.