Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Garageline Spacers

Chris G

I'm interested in throwing on 15mm Garageline spacers on my FiST with stock wheels. Does anyone have some recent real world feedback on these?

I've read a few older posts that state the Garageline studs are a little long and require trimming with factory wheels.

Help?

Interested in this as well! I sent them an email 4 or so days ago and still haven't got a reply.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is a little off-topic, but I've had great luck with USWheelAdaptors.com. Nice machine work, great customer service, etc. And, in the interest of weight and cost savings, take a look at using un-studded spacers and upgrading your studs to the longer and stronger ARP studs. I've got a box of stock and ARP studs; I can measure the actual difference in length if you're interested

This is a little off-topic, but I've had great luck with USWheelAdaptors.com. Nice machine work, great customer service, etc. And, in the interest of weight and cost savings, take a look at using un-studded spacers and upgrading your studs to the longer and stronger ARP studs. I've got a box of stock and ARP studs; I can measure the actual difference in length if you're interested
I personally like studded spacers for the quick and easy install. Also considering I don't track my car, just some average spirited driving, I'm not convinced hardened studs are necessary for me. That being said, could you measure all 16 of the stock studs you have and see if any of them are longer? That'd be very helpful!

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #6
^^^ That's a good call, [MENTION=3793]STjake[/MENTION]

It seems the stock stud length is problem with the Garageline spacers, right?

^^^ That's a good call, [MENTION=3793]STjake[/MENTION]

It seems the stock stud length is problem with the Garageline spacers, right?
Yes, I believe it's the back left supposedly has slightly longer studs, or at least one longer stud, preventing the wheel from sitting flush.

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #8
Yes, I believe it's the back left supposedly has slightly longer studs, or at least one longer stud, preventing the wheel from sitting flush.
I guess I could always measure next time I rotate tires, right?

Would someone mind explaining this process to me? I would think that spacers would be just that - spacers that go between the wheel and the hub. But these have studs on them? what happens with the stock studs, do they come off or something? I just can't wrap my brain around this...

Would someone mind explaining this process to me? I would think that spacers would be just that - spacers that go between the wheel and the hub. But these have studs on them? what happens with the stock studs, do they come off or something? I just can't wrap my brain around this...
Spacers attach to the vehicle using the factory studs; subsequently, the wheels then utilize the studs on the spacer.

Spacers attach to the vehicle using the factory studs; subsequently, the wheels then utilize the studs on the spacer.
I get that... but aren't the factory studs longer than 15mm? How do you bolt the wheel on when the factory studs stick out? Does the wheel just sit against them? Seems dangerous...

Sent from my Spaceship

I get that... but aren't the factory studs longer than 15mm? How do you bolt the wheel on when the factory studs stick out? Does the wheel just sit against them? Seems dangerous...

Sent from my Spaceship
Ok, I've answered my own question. Ok, YOUTUBE answered my question. Apparently the wheel needs to have recesses where the factory studs can poke into the wheel.
This is what I was worried about.

RMG

Ok, I've answered my own question. Ok, YOUTUBE answered my question. Apparently the wheel needs to have recesses where the factory studs can poke into the wheel.
This is what I was worried about.
Correct, you can also find H&R's spacers which eliminate the "double lug" system and includes longer lugs (spacer simply slides on) but that requires the removal of your factory lugs. A better setup IMO

You have to cut your factory studs with the garageline spacers. I have them, started the process, didn't like it at all and seemed sketchy. So I took it back off and bought new studs for the ones I cut. Not a fan.

You have to cut your factory studs with the garageline spacers. I have them, started the process, didn't like it at all and seemed sketchy. So I took it back off and bought new studs for the ones I cut. Not a fan.
And this is exactly the info i was looking for. Thank you so much. Why would they sell a product as being bolt on when you have to do something as sketchy as cut down your studs? That's just silly.

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #17
I wonder why people had issues with 1 wheel only vs all 4? Seems like all of the feedback is around having to trim 1 set of studs vs all of them...

This is what the spacer looks like installed. You have to cut the original studs off to get most rims to fit. The previous owner had them on and I'm going to be taking them off pretty soon. Anything other than the stock wheels have rubbing problems. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why doesn't Garagelune answer emails? I've written to them 3 times and not even a reply Poor service .