Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bov adaptor boost leak?

Hey guys, I just installed the boomba bov adaptor and after test driving, I've notice sometimes under slight acceleration it sounds like it's letting air out, but will still make the loud pshhh sound after letting off the gas. Could be a possible boost leak? Thinking about going back to stock since it's worrying me. Thanks

That's perfectly normal, you just couldn't hear it before the BOV adapter was installed. As you're going back and forth between boost and vacuum, the bypass valve doesn't have quite enough pressure to close itself. It freaked me out too, during the time I had the same BOV adapter.

This is the reason many of us went to the GFB+, which seals the bypass valve much quicker.

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
Alright, I was wondering how I could've messed up taking out 3 bolts lol. And I'll probably keep it for a while until I get tired of it. Thanks for the help!