Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Redline MTL

Has anyone tried it? It's a 75w80 which if im understanding correctly is the same as the ford dctf fluid. It's readily available and pretty cheap comparatively speaking. I've had great success with it in my honda but I've been told our transmissions are particular. Any input?

I'd like to know if this is a good choice for a Fiesta as well. I run this in my Shelby Charger, and it's great except it gets very difficult to shift in freezing weather. For that reason, I run Royal Purple Syncromesh in my Shelby Daytona.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was going to try this, since I've always used, and liked RL products, but when I called and asked their lead tech Dave about using it in our app, he said NO, do not use it.

Now, whether or not that is a CHA (cover his a**) patent response since it is not approved by Ford for our use, or not (and NOTHING harmful can come from using it), who knows. [dunno]

It is a bit thicker than the ~6.3 to ~7.0 cSt @100*F viscosity of the actual labelled/Ford approved, DCT fluids out there (at 10.4 cSt @100*C).
But still much thinner than the ever-popular on here and elsewhere, much thicker yet, Motul Gear 300 (NON-limited slip) at 15.2 CSt @ 100*C, which it seems causes NO problems at all for it's users, and in fact does help the shift 'feel', and gearbox noise reduction.