Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

oil light, tpms light, cel for front 02.....some questions....

HaveBlue83

1. In 55k miles i have never seen this "oil light" for oil change due. is it a real thing?

2. my front 02 might be going out. got a code for it but it went away a day later......warranty item or my issue?

3. my tpms came on for "fault" after a day. its on a used set of wheels tires and tpms. the one tire had a nail and a slow leak. easy fix. light came on today and i plugged it. put back at 39psi (front one). tpms still blinking like crazy. drove around town....still on. either these didnt marry to my car or it never married and i have to marry them.

did a quick read and saw something about disabling tpms is illegal. if i can, i will. its the dumbest thing on this car. seriously stupid and doesnt even say WHAT tire. is there a min time or distance needed to reset it if they did in fact marry to my car? its gone off before pretty quickly.

any advice or comments? i gotta do brakes and a trabs flush and the cel and tpms stuff is new to me.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
1. In 55k miles i have never seen this "oil light" for oil change due. is it a real thing?

2. my front 02 might be going out. got a code for it but it went away a day later......warranty item or my issue?

3. my tpms came on for "fault" after a day. its on a used set of wheels tires and tpms. the one tire had a nail and a slow leak. easy fix. light came on today and i plugged it. put back at 39psi (front one). tpms still blinking like crazy. drove around town....still on. either these didnt marry to my car or it never married and i have to marry them.

did a quick read and saw something about disabling tpms is illegal. if i can, i will. its the dumbest thing on this car. seriously stupid and doesnt even say WHAT tire. is there a min time or distance needed to reset it if they did in fact marry to my car? its gone off before pretty quickly.

any advice or comments? i gotta do brakes and a trabs flush and the cel and tpms stuff is new to me.
Other people said it was strange in another thread but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with no oil light. I change my oil pretty frequently though so not sure if that's why. I have over 30k miles.

I happened to have the same tpms light after getting a nail in my tire too. I had it patched and I didn't get the light after. It went out while it was still idling before I left the shop. Try checking your other tires just to be sure they aren't low too. If none are low, top them all up at factory pressure, maybe a little higher just to make sure it acknowledges it.

Let us know if that works or not.

Zormecteon

The oil light does NOT mean time to change the oil. It means you have NO OIL PRESSURE. If that light comes on, pull over immediately and get a tow. Drive no further. If you want to know about oil life, run the VEHICLE HEALTH REPORT from the touch screen. The oil function didn't work in the 2014s but they eventually offered a fix for that. I'm not sure if it works in later cars or not.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #4
all tires are at 36 and 39psi as per the door. im assuming i need the $45 tool to marry this set to the car. i read that the fist can only learn 4 sensors at once. so it must be married to my other set (going on this weeked so ill wait).

thx about the oil light! i was like.......my fost had an oil change interval on the MFT screen...wheres the fist one?! lol

thx!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
all tires are at 36 and 39psi as per the door. im assuming i need the $45 tool to marry this set to the car. i read that the fist can only learn 4 sensors at once. so it must be married to my other set (going on this weeked so ill wait).

thx about the oil light! i was like.......my fost had an oil change interval on the MFT screen...wheres the fist one?! lol

thx!
I've never had trouble (so far) with the tpms sensors in this car. They immediately update upon startup. My G35 was another story but it was also nine years older than this one.

However, I have heard that certain sensors work better than others.