Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM's 1 Point Sick Build

DHM1

1000 Post Club
We will have Chassis and cage work for everyone soon too! Also custom front end with battery mount, our BMF Race Intercooler, mini race radiator, and more!!

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any bracing for the turbo/manifold? I'd get worried about the manifold cracking because of the turbo being so offsetted.

Yeah, it's kinda hangin' out there in no-man's-land... That's a lot of weight just floating off a big lever....

I love that header bench though... built in back-purging orafices? That's solid. Jealous.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Is there any bracing for the turbo/manifold? I'd get worried about the manifold cracking because of the turbo being so offsetted.
Nope the whole manifold is made from sch10 SS pipe. Each piece is perfectly beveled and then TIG welded while back purging the back side this makes for a extremely strong manifold.

Russ

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Yeah, it's kinda hangin' out there in no-man's-land... That's a lot of weight just floating off a big lever....

I love that header bench though... built in back-purging orafices? That's solid. Jealous.
We go through great lengths to make sure every product we Label DHM is made to the highest quality

Russ

OP
MrsDHM
Thread Starter #27
Anymore updates for the beast!
I'll post some up in a bit!
[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] can you please clean up the last few posts please since they don't pertain to the build. Thanks!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] can you please clean up the last few posts please since they don't pertain to the build. Thanks!

thread cleaned per request

OP
MrsDHM
Thread Starter #29
Not a whole lot to report but amassing a large collection of parts!
We've got our Kirkey race seats, RJS harnesses, Stroud parachute, Redline goods leather shift boot and door armrest covers.

Also have a Mfactory LSD and half radiator.

But most exciting...received one of the Garrett turbos we will be running, Gen 2 GTX2867. We will be running this turbo on the stock engine setup for the beginning of the season.

You know things are getting serious when you're packing the laundry.

Excited to see the progress. How gutted do you plan on going with the interior?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

OP
MrsDHM
Thread Starter #31
You know things are getting serious when you're packing the laundry.

Excited to see the progress. How gutted do you plan on going with the interior?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
We want to get rid of all the weight we can. Removing the airbags and wiring we don't need. Car will not have a/c, radio or power windows for at least the rear. The back seats obviously and the rear door panels. We will remove the carpeting and headliner, some of the center console and dash as well. I still want the front to look nice so leaving the front door panels on after removing everything under, hence the leather panels.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Has this now become an EXCLUSIVE drag race only car?

I ask because that small 'Scirocco style' radiator will not do you much good on an open track day/HPDE/etc. in the summer, no matter how big the core/tube count.

OP
MrsDHM
Thread Starter #33
Has this now become an EXCLUSIVE drag race only car?

I ask because that small 'Scirocco style' radiator will not do you much good on an open track day/HPDE/etc. in the summer, no matter how big the core/tube count.
No it's not. We have a plan.

OP
MrsDHM
Thread Starter #34

Making some progress on tearing out all the excess weight! I'll post more later once we finish for the day

OP
MrsDHM
Thread Starter #35
Gosh I've really been slacking at keeping this up to date. I'm going to try to get it current...may take a couple posts tonight and tomorrow

Spent time getting a bunch of weight out of the car and getting it ready for the roll cage...

Removing sound deadening material with dry ice

Drilling out spot welds to remove rear seat brackets

Here's a pic of an almost finished rear door, to give you an idea of what's been done. It's pretty much just a frame haha. Removed the glass and are replacing it with Lexan. We will be replacing the front windows also with Lexan but that won't happen for a bit.

Another nice weight saver is a carbon fiber hood! This one is not clearcoated and will be the hood that gets wrapped and cut. We will have another that is coated and stays intact as a sort of "show" hood. Here's the weight difference cf vs oem

OP
MrsDHM
Thread Starter #36
More fun stuff...

Sparco quick release steering wheel

Street setup...Rita Grids 17x8 and Falken Azenis rt615k 215/45

Car is so light, can't get rid of some of that wheel gap even with lowering springs [emoji23]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF you are retaining the factory gauge cluster (instead of removing the WHOLE dash and installing an AiM/MoTec/etc. cluster in it's place), and are planning on getting rid of the AIR BAG light (for BOTH the seats AND steering wheel), PLEASE post up HOW you are going to do that!!

Brura22

More fun stuff...

Sparco quick release steering wheel

Street setup...Rita Grids 17x8 and Falken Azenis rt615k 215/45

Car is so light, can't get rid of some of that wheel gap even with lowering springs [emoji23]

Just out of curiosity, if the goal is light weight, was there a reason for the heavy Rota's?
Why not some super light weight forged wheels.

OP
MrsDHM
Thread Starter #40
Just out of curiosity, if the goal is light weight, was there a reason for the heavy Rota's?
Why not some super light weight forged wheels.
Street setup = Rotas
Yep our weight goal really only matters for drag racing and we will have a separate wheel setup for that