Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Water leak in the trunk...the last straw.

If someone could post pics of what you're talking about, I'll go look and see what it looks like on my '17. Seems like something they'd have fixed by now.
IMG_8697.JPG

The carpet area that I have circled is completely soaked. The other side doesn’t really seem to be the issue from what I can see. All of the water has drained into the spot of the spare. I’ve been daily driving my car in Michigan weather including snow since December of 2013 and I’ve never had an issue until now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She issue here, fixed it though. While at work my 5'2" 96lb girlfriend took it upon herself to pull my rear bumper off and found my leaking issue. The factory did not connect the roof drain line on the passenger side, instead they put a body plug in and painted over it. That wonderful lady reached in and connected the drain line. Issue solved, dealer wouldn't touch my car without using an engineer.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I was telling my from who puts cars together on the line for GM about the situation and he also said it sounded like it could be a roof drain issue also. Where exactly was this located. I am just confused why it would start leaking now after owning it for almost 4 years.

Are you pull the rear bumper off, it will be on the right hand side, just above the vents that equalise pressure to the cabin. It looks like a black nipple sticking slightly out. No inverted nipples.

When they sold me the car, they knew it had a leak. I had zero information of this. I saw it leak for over a year, dealership did nothing to fix the issue.

Are you pull the rear bumper off, it will be on the right hand side, just above the vents that equalise pressure to the cabin. It looks like a black nipple sticking slightly out. No inverted nipples.

Ok thanks for the info I’ll have to check this out. And that sucks the dealership wouldn’t do anything. It’s not like we’re talking about brakes or tires here, they should take care of this issue.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
View attachment 17723

The carpet area that I have circled is completely soaked. The other side doesn’t really seem to be the issue from what I can see. All of the water has drained into the spot of the spare. I’ve been daily driving my car in Michigan weather including snow since December of 2013 and I’ve never had an issue until now.

Mine looks identical. It's dry, but I haven't had it for 4 years.

Fun Fact: I had this very same problem, but unfortunately didn't catch it as quick. It was a very snowy and cold winter, the musty smell was only noticed when it wasn't negative temperatures. First nice day, I cleaned my car to find my spare tire well completey filled with mildy geltenous ooze and water. I immediately brought it to Ford; two weeks and $600 later they sealed all of the leaks they found. Nothing was covered by them, which is really cool since this shouldn't even be a problem to begin with. The Fiesta has quickly become a giant "money pit" and is worth as much as a pair of socks.

XanRules

I had a similar problem. Sunroof seals weren't installed from the factory. Like, at all. Dealership dicked me around, eventually I learned that they fired the service manager who was dicking me around and Ford covered the seals and a new headliner under warranty. When people ask me about the car I sing its praises with a quick caveat of - "it's built like a Ford Fiesta."

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^ I dunno, mine has been pretty much flawless for ~10K miles, and close to two years time, save for the passenger side rocker skirt pulling away from the rocker panel near the front wheel well (just fully replaced under warranty), and the 'creaky' clutch pedal return spring/pivot/master cylinder seal/whatever, when the interior gets over 80*F. [dunno]

Hmmm, I will have to check this out. 2014 with 65K driven daily through 4 Michigan winters already and never an issue that I am aware of [idea]

FWIW, I checked my 2018 after reading this thread. We've had a really wet winter here in the Washington, DC area, and I drive the car to work every day. So I thought I'd be careful.

Bone dry, thank God.

But I'll continue to check from time to time.