Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

backup camera

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I just had one installed through my local audio place. Cost me $650 but it works with the OEM system. Can't really help you on what the brand and everything is but I know it can be done and works well.

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
I just had one installed through my local audio place. Cost me $650 but it works with the OEM system. Can't really help you on what the brand and everything is but I know it can be done and works well.
That's a start in the right direction.... Thanks.

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
This car is a pain to see out of. I too would like this but wow that's pricey.
I'm getting the windows tinted tomorrow and it'd be nice to have a little extra sight behind. Looked on Nat-tv.com and just the module to hook it up to the screen is $499... Ouch...

DangerMouse

Yikes. I have seen the rearview mirror with the built in screen, that could be a good option.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
On another thread several of us are working on this. Using FORScan we have the software working now just need the hard parts like a camera and figuring out the wiring. I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track I have some parts coming. We also have, several of us, activated the factory NAV system on the Sync 2, MFT cars. Basically earlier than 2016 FiST. 2016 has Sync 3.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
Nice! I didn't realize the nav was as simple as enabling or disabling something... I'd definitely like to have the factory nav but was told it was rediculously expensive to add...

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Nice! I didn't realize the nav was as simple as enabling or disabling something... I'd definitely like to have the factory nav but was told it was rediculously expensive to add...
You just need an OBDLINK MX Bluetooth or wired equivalent. The FORScan software is free. It's simple programming that most can do with simple easy-to-follow instructions. Of course you'll also need the Ford map card, which are easy to find on eBay. I have an A5 used card I'd sell for $25 shipped. The most current map card is A7 which runs about $75. So for about $100, you can add the factory NAV.

You just need an OBDLINK MX Bluetooth or wired equivalent. The FORScan software is free. It's simple programming that most can do with simple easy-to-follow instructions. Of course you'll also need the Ford map card, which are easy to find on eBay. I have an A5 used card I'd sell for $25 shipped. The most current map card is A7 which runs about $75. So for about $100, you can add the factory NAV.

Is there a how-to on this with a parts list? I have a 2016 I'd like to add the nav to, and have access to getting OEM parts.

Thanks!

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Is there a how-to on this with a parts list? I have a 2016 I'd like to add the nav to, and have access to getting OEM parts.

Thanks!
I don't believe it works on Sync 3 vehicles. I know for a fact it works on Sync 2 MFT, as this is what I have (2015 FiST).

Not that it's better, but you can upgrade to Sync 2.2 and yse Carplay and Android Auto which is a decent enough integrated navigation solution

What does that have to do with back up cameras?

Has anyone made progress with Sync3? I seem to recall someone had got to the point where their screen was looking for a video input in reverse...

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
What does that have to do with back up cameras?

Has anyone made progress with Sync3? I seem to recall someone had got to the point where their screen was looking for a video input in reverse...
That was me but I have Sync 2. No further progress. Been sick with the flu so haven't been able to work on it.

Is there any way to have a backup camera wired in to display on the touchscreen as the monitor?
For the question, i have no way to achieve it, but i saw one set of rear view system, is made up of monitor and cameras, through connecting the camera together with monitor, we could see the TVs in the monitor, it is really unbelivable!

For the question, i have no way to achieve it, but i saw one set of rear view system, is made up of monitor and cameras, through connecting the camera together with monitor, we could see the TVs in the monitor, it is really unbelivable!
Great thread revival 2 years later