Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best way to wire a boost gauge?

Hi,

I know there are threads for boost gauges, couldn't find the answer...

It's a Turbosmart gauge, which needs a ground and +12VDC.
I gonna install the gauge in an air vent pod. EU model, so the fusebox in the cabin is on the other side.

So my questions:

- best place for ground and +12VDC (DRL, fusebox?)
- best way to extend the wires of the gauge and connect to ground / +12VDC

Thanks.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I would get a piggy back fuse (add a circuit) from eBay. Get a length of wire gauge 20 to 22 and use a crimp butt connect to extend the wire from the gauge.

OP
K
Thread Starter #3
I would get a piggy back fuse (add a circuit) from eBay. Get a length of wire gauge 20 to 22 and use a crimp butt connect to extend the wire from the gauge.
Thanks.

Apparently there are different sizes: standard, mini,... ?
So I can add a circuit by using a piggy back fuse (+12VDC) and it doens't matter where, the gauge will only light up when ignition is on?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

Jhanes98

Hey I'm running into the same issue, we're and what fuse did you end up going with, thanks

Jhanes98

No I got the 52 mm vent pod with the pro sport gauge so I want to run the wires down through the vent and cut into the boot and go to the fuse box in the engine bay but but I don't really know how to get power to the gauge from the I need a constant source and a source when the key is on

OP
K
Thread Starter #8
No I got the 52 mm vent pod with the pro sport gauge so I want to run the wires down through the vent and cut into the boot and go to the fuse box in the engine bay but but I don't really know how to get power to the gauge from the I need a constant source and a source when the key is on
I ran the wires behind the centre console to the fusebox behind the glove box.
There is a hole to the right of the the gas pedal.

I did use a 5 or 7.5amp fuse with a piggy back fuse, like this: