Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Standard Tire Markup?

Through my job one our clients is Firestone and they offer us cost on their tire brands + free mounting balancing and road hazard. Does anyone know the markup on tires? Is there a standard? the best I was able to locate was just under 20% reported in 2010. Curious if we have anyone on here that works in the industry and could provide feedback.

Working on deciding between three Firestone brand tires in 205/45 or 50/16:
- Potenza RE-11 $150 Retail
- Potenza RE-71R $145 Retail
- Firehawk Indy 500 $80 Retail (I know the least about this tire, but Tire Rack has reviewed it highest in its group and the thread in this forum seems positive http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=217 )
Or just replacing the stock
- Potenza RE-50s $120 Retail

15-25% is really normal markup... My shop and most shops where I know the owners, or have worked before I bought my own shop, run 20% margin on tires... There is no money in tires unless your buying/selling in extreme bulk. We do it more for being a 1 stop shop type of auto shop rather than "go here for this, go there for that."

If you want to be competitive at the track re71r is the way to go, the new indy 500 firehawk I installed for a FoST customer recently, they look really nice, and lots of good reviews, but yea the "indy 500 ovals" if i remember correctly is not great.

OP
D
Thread Starter #10
I work at a benz dealership and our markup is roughly 20% over cost on tires
15-25% is really normal markup... My shop and most shops where I know the owners, or have worked before I bought my own shop, run 20% margin on tires... There is no money in tires unless your buying/selling in extreme bulk. We do it more for being a 1 stop shop type of auto shop rather than "go here for this, go there for that."

that's what I was looking for. Thanks!