Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST temp gauge?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Yes, I reviewed that list, and it being a very general overview of the Ford corporate sensors/monitors, and our cars being one of their products WITHOUT a 'Performance Pack' option, that maybe you knew if we had that sensor reporting to the ECU or not.

IF this is the case (we don't have that sensor), WHAT do they use to turn on the cluster 'idiot light' IF there was a sudden and catastrophic loss of oil pressure?? [dunno]

WOW, it looks like I am going to HAVE TO invest in some good gauges for this ride!
If there was an oil pressure monitor or sensor available you'd think there would be a DTC associated to it....I just reviewed all DTC's listed for the FiST under "Advanced Engine Parameters" in my ATR tuning software and there is no code listed for low or loss of oil pressure...However there is a DTC P0298 for "engine oil over temp condition" where as mentioned earlier oil temp is an inferred value calculated though ECU algorithms..

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^OK thanks! [thumb]

BUT, that is REALLY scary, that one could lose most of their oil from a pan leak/crack, and not even be warned of it until the calculated oil temps, or coolant temp, shot up sky high. [crazyeye]