Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Power Ignition Button

I've been trying to search the forums for more people that have this, but I'm not having much luck. I ordered mine from ford parts UK. I installed it last night, but it does not work. The light will light up, but the car does not start up or turn on. The box it was in was kind of beat up so maybe it was just damaged, but I'm not really sure.

On another forum, someone said the correct part was #1838816 (https://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/fo...hrome_bezel_from_2008_to_2012_f_KITTRIM15.htm) Mine is part #1690878 and it even says it is for the US Fiesta in the description (https://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/fo...h_with_blue_illumination_f_1690878_c_1228.htm)

I contacted customer service and they said they've had several customers from the US order this part with no issue.

I saw somewhere that it has to have the start arrows in order to work. Mine does not, but I've seen a few old posts from years ago showing it installed without the arrows.

Does anyone have any input on this?

Unfortunately, I just recently tossed my box with the part number so I'm not sure which part number I had. But I do not remember any arrows and mine did what yours did. It would light up but not start the car. So I just took out the lens and swapped it with the stock button housing. Boom!

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #5
Unfortunately, I just recently tossed my box with the part number so I'm not sure which part number I had. But I do not remember any arrows and mine did what yours did. It would light up but not start the car. So I just took out the lens and swapped it with the stock button housing. Boom!
That's what I'm going to do instead of trying to ship it all the way back to the UK. Is yours blue or red? I really want to swap the led for a red one, but that's probably too much work.

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #6
Ok so next issue [MENTION=2500]FiSTofNoVA[/MENTION]...how the heck do I pull the top off without breaking it??

Yeah that was my thoughts too, no sense in sending it all the way back. Mine is the same blue. I did not feel like trying to change the LED. I'm trying to think as I write this how I pulled it apart and I cannot remember without holding it! It was a long time ago haha. I can tell you it was not hard and just take your time not to break any plastic. I believe there are little tabs you kind of pry apart between the bezel and the lens? I have pics of the finished product and other car photos on my instagram @robdiesel57, check 'em out and follow me if you'd like.

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #9
Yeah that was my thoughts too, no sense in sending it all the way back. Mine is the same blue. I did not feel like trying to change the LED. I'm trying to think as I write this how I pulled it apart and I cannot remember without holding it! It was a long time ago haha. I can tell you it was not hard and just take your time not to break any plastic. I believe there are little tabs you kind of pry apart between the bezel and the lens? I have pics of the finished product and other car photos on my instagram @robdiesel57, check 'em out and follow me if you'd like.
Damn, I'm scared of breaking it because of the little plastic pieces are so fragile. I'll have to take my time like you said.

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #12
Do you remember if this whole blue peice underneath comes off with it? I cannot figure this out without breaking it. It's getting too frustrating.

[/IMG]

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #15
I finally got it! It does separate from the blue piece and it was really easy once I figured it out.

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #19
That is rad. Which part # did that end up being?
This one was part #1690878, given to me directly from customer service at Ford Parts UK. However, when I installed it, the car did not turn on, only the light lit up. So I pulled apart the lens and put it on the old one. So I basically paid $40 for a lens lol. I don't even care though, it looks awesome!