Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LED Headlights: Which Would You Choose?

LED Headlights: Which Would You Choose?

• Total voters

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I decided to give the Xenon Depot Xtreme's a shot purely because they can be rotated. I'm hoping that if the LED's are either oriented perfectly vertical or perfectly horizontal inside the headlight, it'll minimize the hotspots that plague LED retrofits. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait til the weekend to find out. Installing them during a blizzard last night, made it a bit tough to fine tune anything. [thumbdown]

When you installed yours did you rotate them any? Or just left them as they were?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here it they are...went in just like the others did ballast and all inside the housing and as bright as the sun. I've used plastic trim sticks to push the seals down near the bulbs. It is really close but it can be done.

Hi, I've shared 1 photo via Photobucket. Please click the link to view photos: http://share.photobucket.com/shareprofile/indexshare.php?id=NjU3NzY=

Here the one with everything inside the housing.....Hi, I've shared 1 photo via Photobucket. Please click the link to view photos: http://share.photobucket.com/shareprofile/indexshare.php?id=NjU3Nzc=

Here it they are...went in just like the others did ballast and all inside the housing and as bright as the sun. I've used plastic trim sticks to push the seals down near the bulbs. It is really close but it can be done.

Hi, I've shared 1 photo via Photobucket. Please click the link to view photos: http://share.photobucket.com/shareprofile/indexshare.php?id=NjU3NzY=

Here the one with everything inside the housing.....Hi, I've shared 1 photo via Photobucket. Please click the link to view photos: http://share.photobucket.com/shareprofile/indexshare.php?id=NjU3Nzc=
You've given me hope! Thx

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I also found there a universal connector...make sure you use the correct side. Make sure it snaps in also or it can be off the connector a little one side of the connector and will not come on unless you push it on and it can slide off.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Oh boy, here we go... Just got into a '17 FiST after coming from a Forte5 SX that had projector lenses with same H11 bulbs... so with projector lens, it was pretty easy to get decent very cheap LED's for it... So I also know that LED's have improved tremendously since the early ones but is it the consensus that HID's are the way to go with reflector lens or are those fairly cheap aftermarket complete headlight kits out there that FiST owners can go with that convert to projector lens, etc?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So ya, Euro projector lens headlight conversion is way too much... and you guys know that with H11 the bulb itself is the seal, you don't need the rubber backs on, if anything they just trap heat and heat makes LED's more dim... But at least it looks like passive metal ribbon cooled ones fit, I'll go ahead and do it right, spread out the ribbon loosely and NOT put the needless rubber cover on, so at least I know now what actually fits, thanks.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So ya, Euro projector lens headlight conversion is way too much... and you guys know that with H11 the bulb itself is the seal, you don't need the rubber backs on, if anything they just trap heat and heat makes LED's more dim... But at least it looks like passive metal ribbon cooled ones fit, I'll go ahead and do it right, spread out the ribbon loosely and NOT put the needless rubber cover on, so at least I know now what actually fits, thanks.
Xenon depot...work great!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'll give those a look, thanks! But also checking Amazon and eBay, sometimes they have hidden gems too for cheap!

Edit: Dang, those look great with the proper LED location to emulate the filament location properly but $125, ouch!
It's $62.50 per side...wipers....lights...brakes and tires....are all shit you shouldn't be frugal on.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
It's $62.50 per side...wipers....lights...brakes and tires....are all shit you shouldn't be frugal on.
There's a difference between being frugal and not doing your homework and finding ones just as good or better for less... As long as it has the proper chip to filament location and they can twisted in to place, then I'm willing to look at warranty, reviews, actual wattage used specs,etc... SuperBrightLEDS.com has some very nice looking ones for $80, so that's not too cheap. Edit: Ya, really like these, have a 4th led in the right spot so 8 per bulb instead of 6 with the Xenon Depot, thanks for helping me on the right track!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There's a difference between being frugal and not doing your homework and finding ones just as good or better for less... As long as it has the proper chip to filament location and they can twisted in to place, then I'm willing to look at warranty, reviews, actual wattage used specs,etc... SuperBrightLEDS.com has some very nice looking ones for $80, so that's not too cheap.
Ther Xenon depot are also adjustable I might add...and not fixed once installed....food for thought.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Ther Xenon depot are also adjustable I might add...and not fixed once installed....food for thought.
Very good point, otherwise you have to hope they actually set them properly with the led's facing exactly side to side to mimic the proper halogen filament alignment.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Very good point, otherwise you have to hope they actually set them properly with the led's facing exactly side to side to mimic the proper halogen filament alignment.
That is correct grasshoppa!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
That is correct grasshoppa!
AND, even then, you may need some flexibility to put the light where you want it... Well, I'm going to go with the ones I linked, just because brighter and cheaper, but I'll absolutely not be afraid to eat crow if they need to be adjusted and can't. :D

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
AND, even then, you may need some flexibility to put the light where you want it... Well, I'm going to go with the ones I linked, just because brighter and cheaper, but I'll absolutely not be afraid to eat crow if they need to be adjusted and can't. :D
Alrighty...

ROCKYFiestta

Attachments