Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just got a used 2015 Tuxedo Black FiST; WOW

Hello all! My name is Zach, I'm just about 25 years old, and I've been reading about the Fiesta ST since the MkVI was introduced overseas. Becoming older and more responsible, and with the need arising, I finally decided to pull the trigger on a used 2015 Fiesta ST with 34,000 miles on the clock (a bit high I know). It is actually in superb condition, the only problems I encountered on my inspection and test drive at the dealer were a slightly too-tight front right brake pad (fixed same day), the usual minor scuffs on the underside of the front lip (nothing that is visible, but rather mildly scuffed underneath, and even then VERY minor considering the miles), and the tiniest little chip in the windshield. I've owned the car for about five days now, and I am LOVING it. For reference, my first car was a used 1999 Subaru Forester in 5-spd manual that I bought for $1.5k usd with almost 200k on the clock, and then my second car was a used 1994 Saab 9000 Aero that I got for $2k USD with 174k miles about four years ago. The Saab was fantastic, and I loved the power and the comfort, the ride quality was fantastic, but it developed a leaky heater core and having moved to Maryland I didn't want to pour more money into it to pass inspection and get it registered etc.
So I came to the conclusion I wanted to get my dream econo-car, thus my FiST is Tuxedo Black, with the base cloth seats which are better bolstered than the extremely good 9000 Aero seats, and just as comfortable. It's like stepping into the future considering I'm coming from a Saab that's nearly as old as I am. I have a few concerns about reliability just from what I've read online, about the transmission primarily, but in actual experience so far it's been perfect. I've had to get used to the much shorter 6-spd gearing coming from the extremely tall 5-spd Saab gearing (so many corners are actually 3rd gear rather than 2nd and my brain is still retraining).
The previous owner leased it, and must have driven it like a maniac because he decided to put what I assume is a Boomba BOV considering how loud the blow-off sound is. I looked up some stock vs. Boomba sound videos and I have to look into the engine to confirm but it definitely has some sort of aftermarket BOV, and with the volume I assume it's the Boomba. It's growing on me, and my main sticking point with it is not having the rest of the supporting bolt-ons to back up the sounds it makes! I might remove it, I might keep it, that's still up in the air. Anyway, I've been lurking for a couple months since I've started seriously considering this purchase and I wanted to finally register and introduce myself as a proud owner of a Fiesta ST.
Let's see if I can add some pics to this post:

That's all for now! Expect to see me around with basic questions as I plan on doing all of the services and possible bolt-on upgrades myself and I expect to run into minor issues.
One last question - how is everyone with a relatively high-mileage FiST coming along? Any issues I should be looking out for? Noob stuff basically. Thanks guys, and be safe out there because I now know just how nutty this car can be :)

OP
K
Thread Starter #3
Thanks Dave,
Please direct me to the chips and guacamole
Also how do I clean guacamole out of the cloth seats? :D

Welcome! My 2014's almost at 60k miles, and haven't had a problem, yet (knock on wood). Only issue I have is the damn a/c blender door thing. I've pretty much been stage 1 since I bought the car, and haven't been happier with any car I've ever owned. I think the transmission issues you've heard about are primarily the base model fiesta autos.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
welcome!
congrats on your little rocket!

fun cars for sure!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thanks Dave,
Please direct me to the chips and guacamole
Also how do I clean guacamole out of the cloth seats? :D
That's not so bad.
My wife keeps complaining about all the confetti I track into the house.

Dave

Welcome! As long as the oil changes were done you have no problem, these are very stout engines

OP
K
Thread Starter #12
Thanks all! Good to hear - the service history shows it was well maintained, though it had the RMM replaced (I assume with another stock FoMoCo part) and the shifter cable replaced? Couldn't get any info on that work from the dealer since they bought it after that had been done, but it seems dandy to me. :)
Thanks for the welcomes and I'll return back into the shadows to lurk and learn more from you more experienced owners out there. Maybe I'll start a build thread once I start feeling the need for more power or otherwise...
One last question - rusty wheel hubs, normal? I don't think this thing was garaged much if at all, and it just looks poor, any homebrew fixes? I just don't like the way it looks, I'm sure it won't be a real issue unless the rust starts to eat the hub away.
Thanks again!