Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intake for sound only

I'm looking for intake for sound purposes. Not a fan of adding spool sound or blow off noise but just more angry engine sound wot. Is it even possible with a turbo? My other car is 997 Carrera and the intake changed the sound completely but only for high rpms. Is that possible with the St?

I'm looking for intake for sound purposes. Not a fan of adding spool sound or blow off noise but just more angry engine sound wot. Is it even possible with a turbo? My other car is 997 Carrera and the intake changed the sound completely but only for high rpms. Is that possible with the St?
I'm not sure you will get one without the other, at least from an intake. I had both the Mountune partial intake (lower box and hose) and now the CPE sealed box intake, and both made the turbo and BOV more audible. I don't recall either making the engine any louder, only the turbo. I imagine an open filter intake (AEM, Injen, MAP, etc.) would have the most audible turbo noise. Maybe there is another part that will make the engine more audible without making the turbo more audible? That or the silicone intake hose like Mountune or Mishimoto sell might be an upgrade option that doesn't affect the turbo noise too much.

Another thought, you could always take the plastic cover off the engine, it snaps right in and out. It will certainly make the engine louder, but that might get annoying at idle and just driving around town.

TUX15ST

the loudest you will get is the j2 intake but if your not looking to go crazy the map intake will be a good bit louder because its just an open filter with and aluminum tube, but everything plays into intake sound, as weird as it is, my intake sound became louder after i did my catback. also a tune helps

Your car breathes in through a turbo and out through a turbo. Hard to modify the intake or exhaust without hearing more turbo noise. An exhaust will sound angrier than an intake and less turbo noise, relatively speaking.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

OP
A
Thread Starter #6
Makes sense. Sounds like I'm sticking with the loud exhaust then :).

In my case, replacing the OEM filter with a K&N drop in filter adds the snarl in the upper RPM. I then added the Mishimoto's induction tube and I got more of the Turbo swoosh/pfffsst sound between shifts.

The 2J Racing intake is super loud, but the placement is weird as F. It threw me off cause I didn't even know you could put an intake there lol.