Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

+250hp potential?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
91 octane stage 1 tune is fantastic! Throttle response more responsive out the gate and in every shift. No more lag between shifts and raises the rev limiter to 7k. Not sure theres any power increase, didnt feel much different than stock TBH. Maybe 93 oct I will notice power gains, I hope.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Hows everyone enjoying their AP? What would you say is the best part?

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Hows everyone enjoying their AP? What would you say is the best part?
Cobb AP 91 octane stage 1 map highlights: 1. The ST doesn't fall on it's face between shifts anymore. 2. 7000 rpm rev-limit and 3. better drivability. Not really sure about power gains.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I don't think you'll need to upgrade the pump, if anything you can go with larger injectors. That guy from Collins Performance said he believe we can get to around 250hp, but not much more.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I'd be perfectly happy with 223-224hp & 260-270 pft @ the wheels (roughly 250 hp & 290+ pft @ the flywheel) especially if is attainable on the stock turbo. [biggrin]

Racechip Fiesta ST

I'd be perfectly happy with 223-224hp & 260-270 pft @ the wheels (roughly 250 hp & 290+ pft @ the flywheel) especially if is attainable on the stock turbo. [biggrin]
Hi i was wondering if anyone tried the RaceChip yet, they ship from Germany and did a great job on my Audi A3 2.0T, 50 hp increase with just intake, the chip is out for the Fiesta ST and it claims 230 HP with NO MODS, if you add intake, exhaust, intercooler etc etc we can hope for 250 hp, i think? i cant make my mind, COBB vs Mountune vs Racechip, i currently live in Mexico so there is that everything is very VERY expensive here.. COBB 1200 USDs Mountune 1100 USDs and finally Racechip 1100 USDs + Shipping, hope anyone can help thanks a lot

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Hi i was wondering if anyone tried the RaceChip yet, they ship from Germany and did a great job on my Audi A3 2.0T, 50 hp increase with just intake, the chip is out for the Fiesta ST and it claims 230 HP with NO MODS, if you add intake, exhaust, intercooler etc etc we can hope for 250 hp, i think? i cant make my mind, COBB vs Mountune vs Racechip, i currently live in Mexico so there is that everything is very VERY expensive here.. COBB 1200 USDs Mountune 1100 USDs and finally Racechip 1100 USDs + Shipping, hope anyone can help thanks a lot
Can you link us that chip?

Perry

Here's a link http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/ford/fiesta/7-ja8/st-1-6-ecoboost-134kw/index.php to what I believe skfalco references. Sounds impressive. Also sounds as if it's likely made expressly for the Euro version of the ST, which raises all the usual issues of compatibility, differences between NA and Euro production, etc. There are three levels of performance enhancement they offer, which I find . . . interesting. There are aspects of what they offer/do/claim that are intriguing, but I'll leave it at that for the moment.

Yes that's the one, it's perfectly compatible for NA fiesta, the seller tried it and says that 230 is real but that they are WHP! so there is about 250 HP or PS, that stock you can add intake and the usual toys what do you think? my fiesta ST will arrive on wednesday so i can buy it but the guy in charge of repairs and stuff says that Custom ECU flash is better... so i want your opinion..

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Being as the cost is near the same i would opt for a mountune or Cobb and between the two I chose the Cobb personally only because of the fact there will be more tuning options once their tuning software is released and I have the Off the Self maps now and am happy with them .. but it is winter here and slippery so traction it optional LOL but everyone that has the COBB seems to be happy with its results . Also if you buy from a place like FSWERKS they give you the COBB tunes as well as their own off the shelf tunes when released and they say they will adjust a tune free if you add something like Exhuast or intake later on..
now If you decide to go with Racechip please post up your results :) be fun to see how it works out for you :)

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
230hp sounds great and all but I dont think ill be the guinea pig for that. Ill wait till its tested and proven to be a safe.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #37
Yes that's the one, it's perfectly compatible for NA fiesta, the seller tried it and says that 230 is real but that they are WHP! so there is about 250 HP or PS, that stock you can add intake and the usual toys what do you think? my fiesta ST will arrive on wednesday so i can buy it but the guy in charge of repairs and stuff says that Custom ECU flash is better... so i want your opinion..
Has anyone else besides the seller corroborate on the 230whp?[biggrin] What is it costing you guys down there for this?

Perry

Those seem like some crazy claims considering people with AP and supporting mods aren't cracking the 200whp mark.
Not sure I'd say "crazy", but . . . implausible, perhaps? I'll be surprised if it plays out as advertised, otherwise I'd expect mountune, COBB, FSWERKS to be at least close with their packages.

Not sure I'd say "crazy", but . . . implausible, perhaps? I'll be surprised if it plays out as advertised, otherwise I'd expect mountune, COBB, FSWERKS to be at least close with their packages.
Yeah that sounds logic, i am trying to decide between Cobb and Racechip, in my country it's impossible to get a custom tune from a reseller everyone just sells and says bye... I like Cobb and everything but once i start upgrading there will be no custom flash or can i download some examples what do you guys think? I can volunteer for RaceChips guinea pig... my car is under warranty and in my country Ford won't suspect a thing if i remove the chip and claim factory failure, thanks