Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford smartlink

Bluedrank

Yeah I made a reply in another thread basically leaking this device this a couple weeks ago. I was invited to apply to the beta test for it a few months ago. I didn't get into the test, probably because I had a manual car, but the info they gave outlined everything listed in that press release.

Yeah I made a reply in another thread basically leaking this device this a couple weeks ago. I was invited to apply to the beta test for it a few months ago. I didn't get into the test, probably because I had a manual car, but the info they gave outlined everything listed in that press release.
Hopefully someone makes a bypass unit sometime soon. I'd really like a remote started for winter.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Hopefully someone makes a bypass unit sometime soon. I'd really like a remote started for winter.

You should be able to go with viper auto starts I believe they are using the dball bypass I'll ask to make sure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So I came up with this if you know of a installer maybe they can get more info I think they are able to get it to work even if it's not directly supported?
http://www.idatalink.com/search/sea..._id=2015&vehicle_model_id=67&vehicle_id=19466

http://www.idatalink.com/search/sea..._id=2015&vehicle_model_id=67&vehicle_id=19466

Interesting. I'll have to ask my installer to check this option out.

Yes, I have a push button start.

I was able to get more info for a fiesta st manual with to to start there is no bypass yet :( thought that was weird because for the Taurus they had one super quick but
I guess because the fiesta just got push to start?

Are you referring to a 2016 FiST? I have a 2016 FoRS, same issue. No available bypass. It's annoying.

A guy on a local ST/RS page says he can make a remote start work in a FiST with DEI stuff.

But, neither CompuStar no DEI have "factory" options for it.

I doubt Ford will allow remote start on the FiST, it uses a different set up, like the FoRS and FoST. That is why DEI and Compustar don't have an option yet. The push button start system in the FiST is different than in the automatics out there like the Taurus or Fusion, or even the automatic Fiesta with push button start,

Are you referring to a 2016 FiST? I have a 2016 FoRS, same issue. No available bypass. It's annoying.

Sorry being on Tapatalk I can't see or haven't figured out how to see what you have I just now noticed the picture is a RS

Sorry being on Tapatalk I can't see or haven't figured out how to see what you have I just now noticed the picture is a RS

No worries. I believe it's all the same issue anyway.

No worries. I believe it's all the same issue anyway.

It is. Ford uses a different protocol in their system for a manual with a push button start than the automatic with a push button start.

The FiST/FoST systems are supposedly close, which I would figure the FoRS is too...

Even if remote start is not available, is anybody else looking into this thing? Could be useful for anti-theft and trip data.

For transparencies sake, I'm a Ford engineer and I worked on SmartLink for a few months. If you look at Delphi Connect, the SmartLink is gonna end up having very similar functionality + key fob stuff (lock, unlock etc.) because this product was developed in conjunction with Delphi.

For transparencies sake, I'm a Ford engineer and I worked on SmartLink for a few months. If you look at Delphi Connect, the SmartLink is gonna end up having very similar functionality + key fob stuff (lock, unlock etc.) because this product was developed in conjunction with Delphi.
Do you have any information about the availability of a bypass for those of us who would like to remote start our manual transmission vehicles?

Bluedrank

Wish you guys had accepted me / would accept me to your betabound test!